Mormon Boyz Has Been Bought -- Who is MetaVentures?

Seems that they now are going to run Mormon Boyz, but who are they?

Anyone know anything about them, or just another straight firm hoping to cash in on gay?

Copy of the Email. Nice time frame for notice of change too (its highlighted in red, and I got this email last night)

MORMONBOYZ AFFILIATE TRANSITION:

Dear Ian,

We are writing to update you on some major changes at Mormonboyz.com. The founder, Paul Jackson, has recently sold the company. We are so excited to take on this project and get the affiliate program back on track.

We know that the affiliate program under Paul encountered quite a few issues, mostly having to do with the software that the program was built on. Because of the issues with NATS, Paul had begun and we are finishing the transition to a new program, which will be run through CCBill. We think this program is going to be much better, something that both our affiliates and we can rely on.

So right off the bat, we want to apologize for any issues that you may have encountered with this past program. Secondly, we want to get you transferred over to our new system and get your affiliate fees paid and up-to-date. There are a couple things that you can do to help us out in this process. We want to make sure that we have all your information so, please send us what you think you are owed from the current program. Once we have that information, we can double check it to ours and get you paid. We will be closing down the NATS program and canceling all accounts by April 18th. Please transition over to our new program before that date in order to maintain your affiliate status.

You can sign up for the CCBill program here.

As you get started, please let us know if you have specific requests for types of videos, banners or other promotional materials and we will see what we can do. Feel free to correspond with me directly by sending email to [email protected].

The terms and conditions of the previous program will still apply, including a prohibition on cyber-squatting on like domains, rebranding of any kind, and unauthorized representation of Mormonboyz content on tube sites.

We want to thank you for being a Mormonboyz affiliate and your patience with this transition.

–The Mormonboyz Team

Re: Mormon Boyz Has Been Bought – Who is MetaVentures?

well I guess it’s good it got bought and will continue? ( interpreted: just wish the models were more like the calendars I buy! )

I like the concept , edgy! ( interpreted: it embodies 2 common GAY LUSTS … VIRGIN - WHITE and MALE :slight_smile: )

• jim "ELDER ERICKSON HERE ENJOYS PASSIONATE SCRIPTURE DEBATES AND DEEP SOUL SEARCHING MEDITATION! … JOIN HIM TODAY FOR A ONE ON ONE! " lol

mormonadjrdc.jpg

I personally like (being sarcastic) how they have the thumbnails at the bottom of the video preview page with “Click a thumbnail to view the picture” and it takes you to a join page. They might want to remove that little “blooper” on the tour for starters.

4 days notice to get switched into the new program??? sheesh

Thanks for posting this Ian. I haven’t even received the e-mail.
I hope the new owners are going to provide promo content.

Fabulous niche. Always wanted to promote, but never did because the affiliate program was so questionable and funky. I remember they charged 8 dollars to send you a payment via the post.

Who are: MetaVentures? Anyone know?

HORRID: re the timeline to change out of NATS. Ridiculous.

Thanks for update Ian.

DK

When you got the Church of Latter Day Saints chasing you with shotguns in their special secret underwear. I’d be a little “scared”.

Well an UPDATE of sorts

I followed the link in the email (no I didn’t include it in the post) and it came back with a 404 error. When you go to the site, to the webmaster page (HERE) it tells you and I quote

Our affiliate program is administered through CCBill, one of the largest and most reliable adult credit card processors

[SIZE=4]HOWEVER[/SIZE], when you scroll down you will see, that uh the sign up is for Zoombai and NOT ccBILL. In other words, either the email is simply to cover the new owners ass, and have all current affiliates become redundent, meaning he gets all the loot, or someone knows shit about how to properly set up a page, or switchover.

I would love to promote the site, it is unique, but when you email me, telling me I got a few days to switchover, provide a link that goes nowhere, that alone raises some serious questions as to whether or not you are a viable sponsor.

Then, to take the time to try and sign up from the site, to see that it professes to use ccBill but then has no way for you to sign up with ccBill, but instead pushes you to sign up with Zoombia, that raises some serious red flags.

I have emailed the person, from the link provided in the email, also pointed him to this forum, but honestly, I am not holding my breath. Too bad, I think under ccBill affiliates might have been willing to give it another go. Given the rather sub standard performance of the new owners, in simply checking their links, and web page to get us to sign up, given the short deadline we have to do it in, I’d be very leery of promoting this site.

well that’s dissapointing. :frowning:

I guess if I want MORMON BOYZ I’m gonna have to make my own … now where are those old white shirts I wore to CATECHISM CLASS! lol

• jim “PERSONAL JESUS” - DEPECHE MODE

I’ve no proof other than ‘intuition’ – but checking out that page, reading the text leading up to the Zoombai link, I get the distinct feeling that NOTHING has changed.

No new company has purchased the site (just a hunch) and this is an effort to jump start a dying horse (is that a mixed metaphor; uhm?)

The wording and phrasing of the write-up on that page is similar to stuff I’d read on the ‘old’ Mormon Boyz program and site. Has the author’s same style, slightly inflated, teetering on confused and tainted by a smidgen of bullshit.

DK

Well I sent off my email on Sunday telling them how much I think they owe me and I haven’t heard anything back. I suppose two days isn’t a horrible amount of time, but it you’re trying to win back affiliates who haven’t been paid, I’d think faster replies would be better.

Follow Up ( April 15 2014)

Got an email response to my querie about the sign up, and the person is going to check with their developer, to see what is up. So least she responded, yep it is a she (Emma Donovan at this email addy emmadonovan AT mormonboyz.com ) So the email went through, and here is another for anyone to give a try.

The response is bit, well standard.

@David K

I am not sure the zoombia part is new, or was from the old owners. The thing is, the top that says the processor is ccBill, is new, but has no links. Which does raise flags, like you mentioned.

I did also get a follow-up email about the payment, confirming that my figures and theirs jive, and they’ll send out payment ASAP, whatever that means. But at least there’s movement and a reply, which is more than I can say for Jackson.

Thanks for the updates guys. “It lives!” :smiley:

I second follow-up email saying: "I am hoping to get these checks processed in the next couple days and send out. "

If they merge into CCBILL I will promote them, but otherwise. NAY.

I got a reply from Emma as well and she has promised me to send me a check.

Same for me. The site used to sell very well. If it was handled by CCbill or Epoch I’d sign up.

They did send a link to a CCbill sign up at http://www.mormonboyz.com/affiliate/.

But why the bullshit on the affiliate pitch page? Where they declare that they are with CCBill and then swap out to Zumbabwhey or whatever the fuck,