If you leave CCBill is there anyway to...

If you leave CCBill and switch to lets say Epoch, is there anyway to bring your members with you? My guess is no…

But since CCBill cant seem to even re-install the script on my new server, I am left with few options but to find a new billing provider.

Do all the current CCBill members just get screwed since they can no longer access the site? Or can I just log into CCBill, refund them all, cancel future rebills, and ask them to re-join?

Nothing seems like a good solution here.

Re: If you leave CCBill is there anyway to…

Why can’t CCbill install the script on your server. The LAST thing that you want to do is refund your whole membership base. In the case you give above you will be issuing a ton of refunds as well.

No one at CCBill can give me an answer as to why they can not connect via FTP. Everyone else I know can connect no problem.

I am obviously trying to find a solution that would prevent this, but as it is, my entire membership base has been locked out since noon on sunday when the CCBill script was deleted from the server.

ask ccbill to check their hosts files, or tell them to connect directly to the IP address. I have seen this once before (I think it was verotel) and that was the issue.

Thanks. We already asked them to do that last night. My guess is a firewall of some sort, and I even sent them instructions on how to knock the port…

This is probably stupid, but when you uploaded the backup of your stuff, did that include the ‘old’ ccbill script? could you not simply have them reconfigure it, if needed, and email it to you and then you upload it?

No, because the old CCBill script was on the server that got fried. I backed everything up the friday before the incident including the CCBill file. I uploaded everything, including the old script, but I am told it is IP specific with some sort of random generated thing, so we deleted it to install the new script.

So, basically, no, if it was that easy, it would have been done a long time ago.

I am now on the phone trying to walk a “Level Two” CCBill tech on how to find his MSDOS prompt. (And I am a Mac person.) Looks like it is time to find another billing solution, and fast. :bang::bang::bang:

[QUOTE=TropixxxMichael;2672]

Looks like it is time to find another billing solution, and fast. :bang::bang::bang:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t assume any are better than Ccbill.Don’t burn any bridges just yet.

I am trying REALLY hard not too…but they wont even let me talk to a supervisor on the phone.

I am just told “The supervisor will tell you the same thing.”

Incredibly frustrating and terrible customer service.

True, this is the first time that I have had a problem with CCBill in a long time, but they keep telling me the same thing over and over, for over 24 hours now.

This sounds real similar to the run around I received a while back when moving servers.

I went back and forth for what seemed like forever because the tech at CCBill refused to read every word of my instructions. It was almost as if he couldn’t read simple English.

I finally got so fed up dealing with this person I called in and demanded to work with someone else. I was given to someone new who actually took the time to understand what I was doing. It worked perfectly in a matter of minutes.

[quote=TropixxxMichael;2672]No, because the old CCBill script was on the server that got fried. I backed everything up the friday before the incident including the CCBill file. I uploaded everything, including the old script, but I am told it is IP specific with some sort of random generated thing, so we deleted it to install the new script.

So, basically, no, if it was that easy, it would have been done a long time ago.

I am now on the phone trying to walk a “Level Two” CCBill tech on how to find his MSDOS prompt. (And I am a Mac person.) Looks like it is time to find another billing solution, and fast. :bang::bang::bang:[/quote]

hmm, okay you deleted it on the new server, but is it still in your backup file? If so, why not simply pull it up, find where it calls the old IP and insert the new one? Not sure if he’s a member here yet, but corvett I think is the screen name at GWW, holler for him

as frustrating as this is, don’t burn the bridges.

Can your hosting company (or you, if you know your stuff) just restore the password file to your new server? At least your current members could access the site until you find a solution with CCBill.

TropixxxMichael, don’t give up yet. server moves are always a pain, but ccbill is a great company, and it would be better to cascade and use them AND epoch, rather than one or the other.

Crisis solved. I asked the supervisor if Gary was there (yes, I know it was name dropping.) And was told to hold a minute. A few minutes later, someone came online and said they would email me the files to FTP them myself. (Which is fine.)

I just got an email, which I expected to be the files, but low and behold…

“We were able to ftp to the server. I have completed the installation of the account and have also rebuilt the password file. Everything has been tested and is working without error. Please let us know if you have any questions.”

Case Closed.

You’ve got to love Gary… a true “fixer” :wink:

I agree, and when I can afford the entry VISA fee for Epoch, I will do that. I have never had a problem with CCBill in the last year I have used them, but then again, I never had to deal with their tech support either.

The problem is solved…took longer than it should have IMHO, but I am not holding any grudges.

I know that every big company (and small) has problems from time to time, and I tend to judge based on the whole rather than the parts.

I kind of feel guilty having to name drop Gary, especially since I have never met him face to face, and I don’t know if that had anything to do with it…but just asking if he was around sure seemed to get some attention to my problem.

[QUOTE=TropixxxMichael;2674]I am trying REALLY hard not too…but they wont even let me talk to a supervisor on the phone.

I am just told “The supervisor will tell you the same thing.”

Incredibly frustrating and terrible customer service.

True, this is the first time that I have had a problem with CCBill in a long time, but they keep telling me the same thing over and over, for over 24 hours now.[/QUOTE]

This is terrible and we certainly don’t tolerate this.

I understand that the problem has been resolved with your account but I would certainly like to chat with you about the matter.

paulk @ ccbill.com
i c q 248615940
480-449-7750 x 7592

And this goes for anyone who receives less than stellar service from anyone at CCBill. Please keep my information and hit me up anytime!

I have to say… while CCBill on the whole is excellent and we’ve never, ever had a problem that wasn’t quickly resolved. My guess is we’re seeing some growing pains going on with the technical staff.

I realize it’s hard to hire and train people to be up to speed on all the ins and outs of something as complex as the CCBill system and its interaction with servers… but I have noticed the daytime support staff is very “hit and miss” if you’re dealing with other than a simple issue. (One of the reasons I generally only call at night… Josh and Brandon are amazing.)

If there isn’t already a process in place to do so, I’d suggest considering a procedure where a client can easily reach a supervisor if there’s an unresolved issue, particularly one as crucial as a broken password script.

Those of us on the boards know we can go to Gary or one of the other online liaisons, and those of us lucky enough to have a good working relationship with our sales reps can get help from them, but for a lot of webmasters, that personal relationship hasn’t yet developed.

One of the things that I’ve always been impressed with is CCBill’s responsiveness. I’m sure that Paul will address this issue immediately, and perhaps CCBill can let us know what the appropriate procedure is if a client isn’t able to move things forward with the rep they are working with.

Chip, anytime a client or affiliate of ours requests a supervisor, with the exception of the graveyard shift, one is available for them. I have not heard any of our techs deny this right and I would take serious action if they did.

All of our tier1 technicians should be courteous and helpful at all times but if for some reason they aren’t all someone has to do is ask for someone else or a supervisor or their sales rep. Further, if you want an icq for our tier2 technicians or a supervisor contact I can certainly hand out that information. The only reason we do not advertise it is because 99% (I believe) of the time tier1 can take care of the common issues.

Isn’t he? Top notch guy.