CCBill check never came...

…and it’s been a week.

I always get my CCBill checks on Wednesday with the exception of holiday weeks. But I didn’t get a check on Wednesday or Thursday… or Friday or today. I tried the CCBill live chat and they said that “there was a delay with the postal system, most likely the one in Phoenix.”
(The post office in Phoenix must screw up a lot cuz I’ve heard that from CCBill several times!)

Did everyone else get their checks last week? I was told “multiple merchants also explaining that they had not received their check.” Anyone else in the same situation?

They did tell me that if my check never arrives, I can pay $20 to have the check cancelled and reissued. Seems like a bad deal since I never received a check and have no guarantee of it being sent. When will they enter the 90s and start doing direct deposit for free or a reasonable fee?

Re: CCBill check never came…

Your chat transcript

Andrew F. Tue, 8/5/2014 07:19:22 pm
Hello, thank you for contacting us! How may I assist you today?

Robert Nunez Tue, 8/5/2014 07:20:26 pm
Hi. I never got a check from CCBill last week. I always get my check on Wednesdays (except holiday weeks). I need to look into what happened.

Andrew F. Tue, 8/5/2014 07:21:59 pm
We had been advised by multiple merchants also explaining that they had not received their check. We determined that there was a delay with the postal system, most likely the one in Phoenix as it was effecting multiple merchants, regardless of region. The good news is we are starting to receive reports that the checks are beginning to arrive.
If the check does not arrive, and you consider it as lost or stolen, you can submit a “stop payment” request, which reconciles the funds back into your account and voids the check. However given that the banking union charges $20 per stop payment (which is withdrawn from the total amount) we do not recommend using it until a decent amount of time has passed.

Robert Nunez Tue, 8/5/2014 07:24:24 pm
So, the check was sent out on time, but the post office caused some delay? And if I never receive my check, I pay $20 to have it reissued?

Andrew F. Tue, 8/5/2014 07:25:23 pm
Correct, however we recommend to give it more time on the stop payment, as the late checks are beginning to arrive.

Robert Nunez Tue, 8/5/2014 07:25:45 pm
Okay. Thanks for your help.

Andrew F. Tue, 8/5/2014 07:26:00 pm
My pleasure, have a great day!

Solved this years ago with wire. Yea it costs $15 each time but I never miss a payment! I just write it off in taxes. (Cost of doing business)

A little birdie tells me that CCBill may be finally moving towards ACH soon too. So we shall see!

I got tired of the late and missing checks and said screw it and just started wires.

I didn’t get mine either… This has happened a FEW times over the past MANY years and has ALWAYS shown up within a couple days. Certainly nothing worth spending $15 a week on to correct.

Sincerely,
Kevin.

[QUOTE=Stocky Dudes;151807]Solved this years ago with wire. Yea it costs $15 each time but I never miss a payment! I just write it off in taxes. (Cost of doing business)

A little birdie tells me that CCBill may be finally moving towards ACH soon too. So we shall see!

I got tired of the late and missing checks and said screw it and just started wires.[/QUOTE]

I’m all with you, ccbill wires are like clockwork. You can also configure how and when it pays out, either by a break amount (limit before paid out) or how many weeks before it pays out. I have a bit of both, payout every 3 weeks OR when it reaches a certain limit.

Haven’t checked my mailbox since Saturday and today the CCBill check was there as is usual for the few times they have been late :slight_smile:

Kevin.

My check is late as well. But there are still 2 days left in the week. Crossing my fingers.

My bank never gets wired information correctly so I can’t use that option, unfortunately. They’re all smoking crack or whatever the hell it is they smoke in banks.

Strangely, I got my CCBill check for this week, yet still haven’t received last week’s check.

It still drive me crazy that they want to charge me $20 to re-issue a check they may or may not have sent. Could you imagine if your cable company didn’t receive your payment and you tell them you’re charging them a fee to pay them?
Also, they said multiple people were having this problem and blamed it on THEIR local post office. (I’ve heard this from them before. They must have the worst post office in the universe there.) Yet I’M expected to pay a fee? That’s so many kinds of wrong.

Paying them $390 per year for direct deposit seems like a high price to pay, tax deduction or not. Tax deductions aren’t full refunds.
I’d rather just have CCBill offer free direct deposit like other companies have done for the past 25 years or receive my check when it’s supposed to arrive. It’s really not that much to ask for.

That is interesting because I was just about to send them an email about a $25.00 cheque I have not received (the minimum payout is $25.00)

So I’m wondering what is the point, if they charge $20 to re-issue, do I want to go through all that just for $5?

Almost seems like a scam on their part. They never send the check, you complain, and they get away with saving $20 from the amount they owed you when they finally send you a check. I guess they’ve been around long enough and been considered reputable enough that they really wouldn’t do such a thing, but it sure is suspicious.

In any event, If they say the check has been sent but it’s never been cashed, they should re-issue a new check eiither for free or a very minimal amount. $20 is outrageous.

OMG CCBill is not trying to scam people out of $20. LOL

It is ENTIRELY possible that their bank charges $20 for a stop payment on a check. They are just passing that few along to their client. That is not unreasonable. It’s not fair for CCBill to be held accountable for a lost check. If they mailed it it’s not their fault if the postal service lost it.

CCBill and Epoch are the two most reputable adult payment processors that have ever existed. They may be slow to get up to speed on new tech and they might not have ACH but they aren’t scamming people out of a measly $20. They have much bigger fish to fry.

I do not work for CCBill but I have become very familiar with their support and tech staff over the last 2 years and they are lovely, intelligent, and honest people. I respect them. They have always assisted me when I needed it and they are quick and timely in responding to all issues.

OMG CCBill is not trying to scam people out of $20. LOL

It is ENTIRELY possible that their bank charges $20 for a stop payment on a check. They are just passing that few along to their client. That is not unreasonable. It’s not fair for CCBill to be held accountable for a lost check. If they mailed it it’s not their fault if the postal service lost it.

CCBill and Epoch are the two most reputable adult payment processors that have ever existed. They may be slow to get up to speed on new tech and they might not have ACH but they aren’t scamming people out of a measly $20. They have much bigger fish to fry.

I do not work for CCBill but I have become very familiar with their support and tech staff over the last 2 years and they are lovely, intelligent, and honest people. I respect them. They have always assisted me when I needed it and they are quick and timely in responding to all issues.

Well, I did say “Almost seems like a scam.” I wasn’t too serious about the scenario, but there are enough complaints mentioned in this thread to question their competence, if not their integrity.

And I still think $20 to reissue a new check is way too high, especially when, like Terry, most of my checks from them are on the small-ish side. If it’s what their bank charges, then maybe they need to use another bank.

Also, I meant to mention an instance when my local post office returned a check from one of the major NATS-using programs because part of my address wasn’t showing through the envelope window. , However, neither they nor I knew that when I first mentioned to them that I hadn’t received.the check, They promptly sent me another check, free of charge, no replacement “fee.” Only afterwards did they get the original check back. I wish CCBill had that approach.

[QUOTE=Stocky Dudes;152084]OMG CCBill is not trying to scam people out of $20. LOL

It is ENTIRELY possible that their bank charges $20 for a stop payment on a check. They are just passing that few along to their client. That is not unreasonable. It’s not fair for CCBill to be held accountable for a lost check. If they mailed it it’s not their fault if the postal service lost it. [/QUOTE]

So then in my case with my missing $25.00 check I should write it off as a lost cause?

Just have them add it to the next check you get from them. Just wait till the total is bigger.

I’d love it if my bank only charged $20 to stop payment AND issue a replacement check:

This is a typical stop payment fee, at least at banks here in Ohio.

stop-payment.jpg

This is a typical stop payment fee, at least at banks here in Ohio.

It’s been years since I’ve had to deal with the issue of a stop payment fee, so I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised the fees have gone that high. That still doesn’t make me grateful that CCBill charges “only” $20.

LOL, it wasn’t meant to make you feel grateful, just was making a point about how much it does cost these days to get a stop payment. I also wonder if the guys with the Nats etc who just send another check are bothering to stop payment on the lost one.

CCBill just got back to me as I never got a check from May. Somebody (not me) has cashed the check. As far as CCBill is concerned the check has been received and cashed, so that is all they need to know. Their responsibility has ended. Every thought someone else has cashed the check, and it wasn’t me.

So I’m out some cash, only $25.00

Oh well, that is life!

CCBill should be able to send you the cancelled check. On the back should be the information you need to hunt down who is responsible. Not sure if the time is worth the $25 bucks but you should be able to pretty easily find out where and who cashed it and depending on the bank possibly get the money refunded back to CCBill so they can reissue you a check.

Personally I would investigate this… If left unresolved you may find another check missing down the road much larger than $25 bucks. It’s possible it’s one of your neighbors doing this. If they get away with it once, what’s to stop them from doing it again? At a minimum turn over the cancelled check to your police department.

Kevin.

Thanks Mount Equinox but the vibe I get from CCBill is that the matter is closed (in their minds). Once the check is cashed and cleared, their responsibility ceases.

I’ve gotten plenty of checks since this missing $25.00 check, and after a dozen years with CCBill this is the first time a check has gone missing.

I would investigate, but CCBill considers the matter closed and won’t help me any further.