CCBill check never came...

Re: CCBill check never came…

Maybe I’m wrong but if CCBill is claiming to have paid you and you’re claiming you haven’t been paid, the least they should do is provide you with the proof. Granted they aren’t going to investigate this matter for you. But they should be able to and more than willing to provide you with the proof (canceled check) to back up their claim that the check has indeed been cashed. Without this evidence you have no factual proof the check was cashed.

Try telling the next person you owe money to hey I got the cashed check write here in my hands. They ask for proof and you say nope sorry I’m done here. That just doesn’t work in my book.

Kevin.

This is the proof they sent me in an email

I am able to confirm that the check dated 5-19-2014 has been cleared. I have provided the check information below for your convenience:

Check XXXXXXX CCBILL 5/19/2014 Cleared -25.62

I have also run an Outstanding Check Report (have not been cashed) for affiliate account XXXXXX, and I can confirm that you do not have any outstanding checks.

I sent them a following email saying if someone cashed the check, it wasn’t me. And I told them I went through my bank statements and no check of that amount had been deposited by me for that amount.

All I have heard back is silence from their end.

Give them a call on the phone and ask them to email, fax or mail you a copy of the cancelled check. If they refuse to send you proof I would be totally surprised and think you would have the right to seek legal action. Obviously if they forced you to go this route it wouldn’t be worth it over $25 bucks but I think they are legally obligated to be able to provide proof of payment with hard physical evidence, not he said she said.

I’ve requested this several times from different sponsors when I can’t account for a payment. Non of them refused.

In the end it’s up to you if the hassle is worth it… I’m just suggesting what I would do if I was in the same situation.

Kevin.

OK, just sent them an email and hope to hear back from them.

Thanks for your help Kevin.

Just got an answer from CCBill they say…

Thank you for your reply. The check was not cancelled - it has been cleared (cashed). Unfortunately, we do not have copies of the checks, but you may take the check information provided below and provide it to your bank to see if is was cashed through them and if they have a record of it.

So just be warned, if your check gets lost and someone else cashes it, CCBill has no record of who cashed the check. Nor will they lift a finger to help you.

Basically they are saying “Not our problem, you are on your own”

Whoever you are talking to is an idiot… Everyone can obtain copies of every check they write that has been cashed, usually up to a year after it was cashed.

It may not be the original check now a days but a scan of the original check but still it is readily available.

I think this person is confusing cancelled for stop payment… Any check that has been cleared by the depositors bank and funded by the payees bank becomes cancelled. If it’s been deposited yet it hasn’t been paid for yet by the payees bank then it may still be in a cleared state and won’t switch over to cancelled until it’s been funded. At that time CCBill can most certainly get a copy of that check.

I would still contact your police at least. You have someone tampering with your mail which is a federal crime and while your at is supply CCBill’s phone number in the report Maybe a call from the authorities will magically help them find this cancelled check they say they can’t produce…

Kevin

Just be warned folks, if your CCBill check gets stolen or lost, and someone cashes it. CCBill will not lift a finger to help. As long as it has been sent out and cashed, not their problem.

Terry: I’m sorry but I can not believe that CCBill will not help you. I am sure they can at least send you a copy of the cashed check showing the endorsement. Send an email to [email protected] with the details of the check and situation as well as your request for a copy of the cleared check. I am sure they will respond to you. Furthermore I would suggest you their support line and request this over the phone as well.

CCBill is very responsive and willing to help.

It is CC Bill’s responsibility to pay you. If a check intended for you was cashed by someone forging your signature, CC Bill should issue you a new check and pursue the forgery through their bank. The party responsible is the party that first accepted the forgery.

I imagine the fact that the check was for $25 has something to do with the reluctance to pursue it further.

[QUOTE=Stocky Dudes;152601]Terry: I’m sorry but I can not believe that CCBill will not help you. I am sure they can at least send you a copy of the cashed check showing the endorsement. Send an email to [email protected] with the details of the check and situation as well as your request for a copy of the cleared check. I am sure they will respond to you. Furthermore I would suggest you their support line and request this over the phone as well.

CCBill is very responsive and willing to help.[/QUOTE]

Well I did that and used the email you listed above ([email protected])

The response was clear. They DO NOT keep copies of the cashed checks.

Once the check has been sent out and cashed, their responsibility ceases.

End of story.

So guys be warned, if your check gets lost and someone else cashes it, CCBill has no record of who cashed the check. Nor will they lift a finger to help you.

Basically they are saying “Not our problem, you are on your own”

Maybe someone who actually works for CCBill could clarify this whole forged-cheque cashing situation.

[QUOTE=terrytowel;152607]Well I did that and used the email you listed above ([email protected])

The response was clear. They DO NOT keep copies of the cashed checks.

Once the check has been sent out and cashed, their responsibility ceases.

End of story.

So guys be warned, if your check gets lost and someone else cashes it, CCBill has no record of who cashed the check. Nor will they lift a finger to help you.

Basically they are saying “Not our problem, you are on your own”[/QUOTE]

Hi Terry,

My apologies for our delayed response to your post. I would like to see what I can do to try to help here. I’m not sure who you spoke with but CCBill does have a process for finding out if a check has been cashed and can look into this further. I’d like to take a look at your emails to our team, so I can also address that issue as well. Would it be possible to get the email address that you used for these.

Please PM me or contact our support department and ask for me so that we can address this further.

Thank you again

James

Well I tried to PM you but when I did I got this message

“…has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.”

and the merry-go round continues.

[QUOTE=terrytowel;152746]Well I tried to PM you but when I did I got this message

“…has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.”

and the merry-go round continues.[/QUOTE]

Hello again Terry,

I sincerely apologize, I’ve update our settings so we can receive messages from other members instead of just moderators. If you’d like you can try sending us that email address again or contact us directly at [email protected] with a link to this thread and either myself (Alexander R.) or our day supervisor, (James B.) will work with you on this issue. It’s our only goal to provide as much help as possible to you and all of our merchants and we do want to find a resolution for you by researching your support tickets and providing you as much information as possible regarding your check.

I’m sorry for the oversight on the setting and we look forward to working with you.

Alexander R.
CCBill Admin Support Supervisor
[email protected]

[QUOTE=CCBILL_James;152747]Hello again Terry,

I sincerely apologize, I’ve update our settings so we can receive messages from other members instead of just moderators. If you’d like you can try sending us that email address again or contact us directly at [email protected] with a link to this thread and either myself (Alexander R.) or our day supervisor, (James B.) will work with you on this issue. It’s our only goal to provide as much help as possible to you and all of our merchants and we do want to find a resolution for you by researching your support tickets and providing you as much information as possible regarding your check.

I’m sorry for the oversight on the setting and we look forward to working with you.

Alexander R.
CCBill Admin Support Supervisor
[email protected][/QUOTE]

Hi Terry,

We got your email and I’m coordinating with our Account Support Supervisor Merilee, she should be following you up shortly with the process for looking into that check for you.

I’m so sorry again for any frustration we caused and if you ever have a problem with our support team let us know at [email protected], and we will see what we can do to help.

Thank you!
Alexander R.
[email protected]
CCBill Admin Support Supervisor.

Well I just want to let everyone know that CCBill has been absolutely terrific in this situation. A far cry from what I experienced earlier. They have been in touch by email and followed up with a copy of the check that was cashed. Turns out I did receive, did endorse it and did deposit it at a bank I frequent.

But for some strange reason that deposit was not recorded in my bank statement. But that is between me and the bank to haggle on next.

But the CCbill check was received after all. So thanks to all the CCBill people including Alex R. and James B. They were terrific!