Affiliate site solutions: AdultAffiliateCMS

I’m looking to improve my affiliate tools site and I’m looking for new solutions. I’ve seen AdultAffiliateCMS advertised and it looks amazing. It’s $150 dollars and has some great features.
But my only concern is that their Adult Affiliate CMS software gets some bad reviews online. Is that because it runs on top of Wordpress? Is a Wordpress-based site okay for an affiliate site, where it wouldn’t be a good idea for a paysite?

Has anyone used AdultAffiliateCMS?
I’d love to hear anyone’s experience?

Re: Affiliate site solutions: AdultAffiliateCMS

From the way they reply to PMs here, for spamming the forums, and for some support issues mentioned in other forums, I’d keep looking.

They don’t seem to do anything except spam this forum, they don’t even have the decency to answer questions. I’d go with your gut, if they’re getting bad reviews elsewhere online, I’d look for something else.

If you just want to post picture sets, vids, banners etc., I think Wordpress is fine. It can have security issues, which is why it’s not great for a paysite. But I think Buddy Blogged and Jake Pays both use Wordpress for their affiliate areas.

I would highly recommend you not using Wordpress - like Michael said there are far too many security leaks to make it worth it.

I recommend Carma from NATS and ElevatedX but if you don’t need that many features and you just want a smaller, boutique cozy site, I 100% recommend building your own custom solution by hiring a good programmer.

Then you only pay once and you only have the options you want to have.

there’s no reason you can’t do it all manually if you don’t have the funds. just a thought, but i’ve seen sites that do, and do it fine. they offer zip sets, embeddable videos, free sites and more.

Thanks for the advice.
I have an affiliate site currently (http://fantasticforeskin.com/affiliates/) but I thought it was looking a little clunky.
I’m not a programmer, so I was hoping AdultAffiliateCMS would make for a good solution.
But I’ve also learned to lissen when people here give advice. It’s great to have a place to tap into this much experience!

andreiDL, I WISH Elevated X offed an affiliate site as part of their package. It would make my life so easy since all my content is already there and they build a solid CMS. I’ve asked them to work on it, but they’re pretty busy and backed up.
If there are any other Elevated X users on here, ask them to make am affiliate site template. I think it would be such a huge benefit for their members!

Get NATS and ElevatedX.

Invest some money into your site, and take it to the next level! :slight_smile:

I only wish I’d had this advice, or I had asked a few more questions, because we went with adultaffiliatecms and it’s been a long & expensive nightmare to get our affiliate site launched. If there’s any doubt in your mind Robert, I would definitely recommend you avoid this outfit.

That said, we are almost ready to launch our affiliate site, which at least offers embedded content with download links. We will add downloadable content via zips this week and switch from our old url to http://euroboyxxx.com/affiliates/ so please update your bookmarks. There’s an RSS feed too.

I would appreciate any feedback and feature requirements. It’s not NATS, I know, but hopefully provides some useful tools in the meantime.

George

I have emailed those people many many times with pre-sales questions. They have never bothered to answer my emails.

If they are so unresponsive to people wanting to possibly spend money with them can you just imagine how it would be trying to get tech support for them! Move on and forget them!

I’m sorry to hear, wish I could’ve helped you out more as I was one who recommended them. The program can be confusing, but once it works it serves a good function, but getting on track can be arduous. I’ve known Claudio for years now, met him in San Fransisco, he’s a nice guy but they could use someone to help with customer support issues. I don’t use that program anymore, as for recommendations, they’re on their own.

There are actually a myriad of choices for setting up your affiliate programs, some basic then certainly if you choose nats. If you’re running a paysite you need an affiliate program, there are not a lot of choices out there and the days of webmasters taking the time to build their own templates are not completely over, but certainly antiquated. Nats has pretty much become the industry standard, a large part of satisfying your affiliates is ease of use and consistent updates.

If you’re still in touch with him, perhaps you could suggest to Claudio that he pays more attention to threads like this instead of spamming the board once a week with his “buy me” posts. So irritating to see supposed business people posts spam after spam, but when someone has a question or issue, they’re nowhere to be found.

Honestly, the next time he spams the board, I’m going to pull some quotes from this thread until this issue gets resolved. There’s no point in anyone else getting sucked in.

They’ve been banned from most boards, or at least warned in a strict manner. Don’t know why they do like they do, also curious myself why they never took the time to develop or support their own product.

Very odd. But thanks for the explanation.

Thanks, Euroboy. It’s nice to hear from someone who’s had experience with the product.
I use Elevated X for my site and it would make my life so much easier if they offered a template for affiliate services.
AdultAffiliateCMS is so tempting. The pitch is great and I already love Wordpress. But I’d be a fool to ignore all the good advice I’m getting here. Really appreciate it!

I should mention that I had lunch with AJ from Elevated X a few weeks ago and he said they’re working on an affiliate solution as well as some other upgrades. Good to see all the high marks for Elevated X here. It’s pretty solid. Looking forward to seeing the upgrades they have coming cuz I don’t think I’ll EVER be able to edit Smarty templates!

Lol I’m with you on the Smarty templates, I really like Elevated X, but those Smarty templates baffle me completely, I had to hire a Smarty designer. Hope they create some plain old php versions :slight_smile:

Robert,

Do yourself a favor and save some $$$.

http://www.wojfun.com/affiliate_scripts/hosted_galleries_manager/

This guy is amazing. It’s not a whole package.

He is ALWAYS available on icq and i have used his products.

lloyd

Just get NATS.

NATS isn’t free. It’s not necessarily an option for everyone, plus you have to cut your own affiliate cheques. For a small site, NATS can be a financial burden and create a lot of extra work.

Below 300 sales per months its $150. You have to write checks, but if you offer wire / domestic / paypal you can just ‘dump’ these each week and its takes 15mins.

I know i make it sound easy. But it can be, if you want to make it.

NATS is an amazing platform, but it is not for everyone. Many affiliates wont even signup to market a single niche site using the NATS program.