your pick/opinions appreciated

The domain idea Muscle Eroticus grew on me, so I got it. But there are other forms. Do you like any, none, or one in particular?

muscle eroticus (muscleeroticus.com)

muscleroticus (muscleroticus.com)

muscle erotic (muscleerotic.com)

musclerotic (musclerotic.com)

BTW, eroticmuscle.com is taken, can check it out if you wish. It’s a very generic directory type of site, long list of all female categories except one token “gay,” which then opens up to another list of gay male categories. Not totally sure but at a glance doesn’t look like any are about muscle, male or female. Who is says someone in Finland owns it and about 33,000 other domains. Although eroticmuscle.com stays in the address bar, I get the feeling that other domains lead to the same site maybe (if not, why muscle…). Despite the name similarity, all this together makes me think it’s probably OK to use this domain, particularly muscle eroticus. But that’s not why I like that one the most.

Thanks.

Re: your pick/opinions appreciated

A bit confused, how can you use the domain if its already registered?

The problem with mainly musclerotic but also muscleroticus is that even if people remember the name, they would be likely to type in the wrong domain as those versions are spelled incorrectly. So people would type in muscleerotic.com and be taken to someone elses site.

However that’s not really a major issues unless you think you will build a massive big brand and hope that people will type in you domain.

I can’t see anything wrong with the domain name you already registered though.

It’s always a bit confusing when the second word starts with the same chacacter with which the first word ends, the “e” in your case, you can expect erroneous typing from your potential customers.

I would take “eroticmuscles” if you have the possibility (same as Bjorn, I did not understand if you can)

Jorge Bianco
Authentic Footballers

I own all of the above domains. I did that to cover the domain well but also to cover spelling problems and variation in the domain words, which will all point to the site. So as long as someone remembers muscle goes before erotic, it all works. Do you feel this make a difference in regards to the situation you (both) described? Or is it beyond that, and the domain just falls flat and isn’t interesting? My thinking is was short, to the point, muscle came first, and it has a kind of Olympian feel with the Latin.

(Yes, I still have Hot Naked Muscle, so I might use that sometime, who knows. Not sure.)

i would go with hot naked muscle. for me, naked trumps erotic almost every time.

agree with Basschick on this one…

check out the difference in the amount of searchs for any naked term vs erotic term

I meant I own all of the domains…but not erotic muscle, which I discussed. Don’t feel good adding just an s to someone else’s domain but do appreciate the input and idea.

Likewise, I really don’t think it’s a good idea to basically use someone else’s domain and put just “hot” in front of it. I admit I like the sound of “Hot Naked Muscle,” and naked vs. erotic I agree, too. But Naked Muscle is and establish legit muscle site, in it’s tenth anniversary. I think of Lloyd’s dilemma on the cybersqatting thread…of adding “gay” to another established domain and now he can’t use it. I just feel it’s like ingoring having car and health insurance; you may never need it but if you do, you’re in deep shit without it. And that does happen.

then why not come up with a really hot domain? there are still some out there… pm’ing you a few.

[QUOTE=tim;61103]I meant I own all of the domains…but not erotic muscle, which I discussed. Don’t feel good adding just an s to someone else’s domain but do appreciate the input and idea.

Likewise, I really don’t think it’s a good idea to basically use someone else’s domain and put just “hot” in front of it. I admit I like the sound of “Hot Naked Muscle,” and naked vs. erotic I agree, too. But Naked Muscle is and establish legit muscle site, in it’s tenth anniversary. I think of Lloyd’s dilemma on the cybersqatting thread…of adding “gay” to another established domain and now he can’t use it. I just feel it’s like ingoring having life or health insurance; you may never need it but if you do, you’re in deep shit without it. And that does happen.[/QUOTE]

It’s not that simple though, he doesn’t own the words “naked” or “muscle”. Most domain names are simply lots of words added up. And in the case of Hot Naked Muscle, there are loads of sites that use “Naked” or / and “muscle” in their domain names. If you don’t use it, someone else will. But more importantly your NOT trying to trade on someone established brand.

As Patti pointed out, “naked” is much preferable to Erotic."