Your opinion: "Exit Popup" on join page

Bonjour,

What’s your opinion about “Exit Popup” on join page ?

• Is it still a good way to improve conversion rate in 2014 ?
  • What kind of content to display: a direct discount, a mailing-list form, a trial offer, a live chat ?
  • For you are exit popup anyway giving a bad image like “desperate / spammer” ?

We worked with Intellichat in the past and we are now developing our own script based on user history, behaviours, device, Os…

Thank you for sharing your experience :happy:

Re: Your opinion: “Exit Popup” on join page

As a surfer, I find those intellichat exit pop-ups annoying and spammy and they make a site feel cheap to me. I haven’t tried them on my own sites for this reason. I have seen join exit offers pop up in a new window that, if done right, I think might be a better way to do it. At least I think it would be better than the tacky ‘chat spam’ windows that pop-up.

The better way is to farm the email addresses, and then email them out a ‘discount offer’, giving the original affiliate credit :-).

I agree with Danny. It’s tricky. You risk annoying surfers and if someone clicking back to revisit the tour results in them getting an exit pop it can kill a sale. I think it’s worth split-testing on any site at least for 30 days to track results though and trying a few different combinations over time is never a bad idea.

Content will depend on if the goal is to be able to contact the surfer later or try to close the sale right there.

Yes Richard, stealing the email address and cutting out the affiliate is so much better. But hey, it’s business, so screw away.

??? AeroSquare said the original affiliate should get credit. I don’t understand your post.

You’re absolutely right. One of those cases where I jumped in having read what I wanted to read instead of what was there.

My apologies to AeroSquare.

[QUOTE=dzinerbear;148571]You’re absolutely right. One of those cases where I jumped in having read what I wanted to read instead of what was there.

My apologies to AeroSquare.[/QUOTE]

Yes I thought perhaps you just read it wrong. We all do it my friend. :wink: