Xxx pre registered domains

Just so this doesn’t get missed in the normal flow of things, I’ve copied FSC Diane’s post and put it here for all of you have pre registered your xxx domains, to protect your name/brand.

Hi Folks,
We need your help. I have been doing a number of interviews and some interview panels as the opposition to Lawley and his lawyers. Lawley keeps talking about the number of pre-registrations ICM has for the .XXX sTLD. He is stating the number as a show of support for .XXX. We know that these registrations are defensive registrations to protect Brand and traffic.

If you have pre-registered and you did so defensively, would you send an email to ICANN care of my email address stating that you pre-registered to protect your Brand and traffic and in your own words what you think of ICM’s .XXX sTLD. Please include the domain names registered. I will keep these confidential just using them to take to ICANN to show that our industry DOES NOT WANT Lawley’s .XXX sTLD!

If you have not pre-registered, please send ICANN an email care of my email address stating in your own words what you think of ICM’s .XXX sTLD. Including the name of your company would be helpful.

I will gather this information and use it to counter Lawley’s claims of support from the adult entertainment industry.

My email address is:
[email protected]

THANKS!!!
Diane

Re: Xxx pre registered domains

Good move to make this one sticky.

This thread says enough about how well the adult business is supporting the dot-xxx joke: http://www.xbiz.net/index.php?c=discussion.view_thread&id=2053

Very important and good decision, Ian.

A Godaddy rep I spoke to yesterday had no idea that the adult industry is for the most part is strongly opposed to it, let alone is trying to defeat it. He didn’t get it and I didn’t have time to explain, or the energy to compete with his enthusiasm for .xxx.

I’m not buying .xxx unless there is no choice and all of the rest of us have to do that.

Same with .co domains. If I owned gaydemon or another big name, or a paysite, I’d register .co like I’d register .net, .biz and .info for it. Just a good idea. But for blogs like mine, I think there is no reason.

i will personally buy them for my existing sites. As i think having them, is better than not having them.

Before you do, please take just a few minutes to read FSCDiane’s post on http://www.xbiz.net/index.php?c=disc...thread&id=2053 It’s post #180.

She and Stewart Lawley, the guy who owns .xxx, both make cases for their sides. It’s worth the read if you want complete information.

Money money money!

I love bending over without a kiss first!

Passed Diane request along to a few other boards which I don’t see her on.

Funny and interesting how I haven’t gotten a member confirmation from Xbiz.

but why is it better? imo it would be better if .xxx didn’t exist, and if you feel it’s better only because you don’t want another business to own your domain names in .xxx versions, that would be a good thing to send to diane.