WP Plug-In For Surfers To Upload Pics Maybe Vids

I did a search and found a couple but none I really liked or did just what I need. So anyone ave a recomendation for a WP plug-in that lets people upload personal pix, with approval is essential as well I need to be able to approve them.

Re: WP Plug-In For Surfers To Upload Pics Maybe Vids

Isn’t the problem going to be that it has to plugin to the User database on WP, meaning each person uploading have to signup to be a user?

I don’t think so, it should be able to upload to the WP image directory, but I could live with registration if there is a good plug-in that needs it.

Wordpress Plugins for User Submitted and User Generated Content

Several plugins are discussed and he tells how they are best used on your WP website.

And there is another plugin you should look at: NextGEN Public Uploader

There are some posts floating around out there about a plugin called PhotoSmash, but it hasn’t been updated in over 2 years and I’d be leary of putting it on your website.

And then there is always the “learn how to write your own plugin” … you will find the tutorial here for writing a plugin that allows users to upload photos You can view it in action online and download the user files.

Hopefully one of those should do what you are attempting to do with your site! Good luck!

Here’s another listing of community type plugins: Empower Your Community Website

Personally, I wouldn’t trust anything built for WP. I just create my own script and that way I can ensure no one will destroy my sites/server/database when they upload and/or submit information via a form. But, that’s me.

[QUOTE=Bec;142244]Wordpress Plugins for User Submitted and User Generated Content

Several plugins are discussed and he tells how they are best used on your WP website.

And there is another plugin you should look at: NextGEN Public Uploader

There are some posts floating around out there about a plugin called PhotoSmash, but it hasn’t been updated in over 2 years and I’d be leary of putting it on your website.

And then there is always the “learn how to write your own plugin” … you will find the tutorial here for writing a plugin that allows users to upload photos You can view it in action online and download the user files.

Hopefully one of those should do what you are attempting to do with your site! Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanx, that nexgen one might be just what I need.