WP 2.8.3 Security Release

:bang::bang::bang: That was 2.8.2 was supposed to be, but gee, they missed a few security issues, so now we have 2.8.3

Haven’t even finished the friggin upgrade to 2.8.2 but here we go again. At times, makes you wonder about these upgrades, and then they wonder why people are still using 1.5 or 2.0.

Anyhow, time to start up the upgrade bicycle again, and who knows, next week 2.8.4? lol

Re: WP 2.8.3 Security Release

I ended up doing auto-updates (after a quick ftp password change for the occasion) and it worked on all blogs except 1, for that one I downloaded the files and did it manually and it fixed the buggered-up upgrade. So it seems the auto-update does work pretty well. It makes it a bit faster too.

It is becoming painful constantly upgrading… I’m reluctant to use auto-update incase it breaks stuff without me realising right away… but it does seem to work relatively well… hmm

this has been a constant issue with WP, thats why I prefer to run my blogs through Blogs Organizer! But I do have some WP blogs for the added wizz-bang plugins :slight_smile:

Everytime i had to upgrade my blog, I’m scared shitless. I usually mess things up.

When I updated to 2.8.1, then saw 2.8.2, and now 2.8.3…I figured I’d just stay at 2.8.1 until things settle. Just have more important tasks at hand right now.whistle

more important than having exploits inserted into all your blog pages or having your blogs deleted?

Hmmm. I’m still designing my blogs, have a code that supposedly prevents SE spiders from entering anything but the warning page until I’m ready to publish. Would this prevent “exploits inserted”…don’t know what you mean by having my blogs deleted by not upgrading. But if this is true…then I guess I do need to upgrade.

I would get those patches in place asap, if you check your logs you will always find people blindly hunting thru your site for known-exploitable software, like they visit yoursite.com/wp-admin and other known directories searching for software exploits.

Thanks, Luke and basschick, I will.