WP 2.6 Thoughts

Well so far I have upgraded about four or is it five? of my blogs to 2.6, using the automated plugin, and I have to say, I am rather pleased with the changes.

I really do like the new plugin page, and how they separate what is active, inactive and recently dumped. Makes my life a lot easier in seeing which plugins are in need of upgrading, which aren’t. :rolleyes:

Re: WP 2.6 Thoughts

Another change is how you insert photo’s into a post/page.

I am not so sure I like it, as they have eliminated the ‘insert image’ link in the rich text editor, and the control over the images is a bit convoluted. You upload the image, then you have to go to advanced setting in order to set a border, vertical & horizontal space.

The alignment control seems gone, as the stupid one they have just doesn’t seem to work right, least for me.

So this change isn’t what I’d call a step forward. :bang:

I’ve had the theme’s CSS determine image alignment, and it’s possible you’re experiencing that with some themes.

Quite likely, but the old ‘image insert’ was able to over ride those settings so I could put an image inline, and set to left, right, or center. Now it’s all a klafuffle… somewhere there is an answer, just more reading to find where they buried it… :bang:

I just started a new blog with 2.6 and so far I like it. At least with this one the media upload option works without any headaches. I’ve yet to update my other blogs to it yet. I will have to put aside some “headache” time for that. One day. lol