WOW 2.7 Is Different

Don’t ask why, but I decided to install Wordpress 2.7 RC1, rather than 2.6.5 and I am impressed so far.

The admin dashboard is going to take a bit of getting used to, as it is totally revamped, and it is going to be a learning curve at where everything is. Though from first blush, I do like it better than the previous version.

The upgrade was painless, but it shall be interesting to see how user friendly is as one makes posts. I like the quick post on the main admin, an actual way to add a post from the instant one logs in to the admin.

So far I am a happy camper, and it worked with an old theme I have been using too, so that was a big plus.

I am crazy though, as I think about it. If it hadn’t worked, man would I be screwed. :smiley:

Re: WOW 2.7 Is Different

Have you found any bugs as yet? Would you be a lovely wonderful person and post a screen shot of the admin area? “Really changed” makes me scared :slight_smile:

beta testing WP…yikes, brave man!!!

Actually its the Release Candidate 1, with the full version due out on the 10th, but it was either that or 2.6.5 and I figured, with 2.7 RC1, a step up.

It is a bit weird, but with all the stuff on a sidebar to the left, ability to clean up some of the clutter that is in the admin front page, it’s rather nice.

Attached a quick screen shot, stuff to the left expands for more options which is nice. Hopefully the attached image will work

admin.gif

Thats much nicer looking than the previous version.

It is a bit easier to use, more than likely a lot easier once a person gets used to where everything is. The ‘write’ section is improved, easier to add tags, to put into a category, and do the excerpt.

I am finding it fun to use, and i am going to be curious to see how the ‘automatic upgrade’ feature works when 2.7 comes out on the 10th. No need for a plugin, which should be nice.

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;30327]It is a bit easier to use, more than likely a lot easier once a person gets used to where everything is. The ‘write’ section is improved, easier to add tags, to put into a category, and do the excerpt.

I am finding it fun to use, and i am going to be curious to see how the ‘automatic upgrade’ feature works when 2.7 comes out on the 10th. No need for a plugin, which should be nice.[/QUOTE]

RC2 came out today. I auto upgraded 15 blogs today. Super easy and fast.

Jimmy

Ok, now 2.7 came out for reals. Auto updated 15 blogs again. Woohoo. Now to do 5 more that weren’t an 2.7rc version.

Jimmy

yeah I noticed that as well, was upgrading a blog and suddenly it ws 2.7. I like the new upgrade feature, much easier than the plugin ones. Not painful at all.

I am finding 2.7 much easier to use, the admin is much sleeker, and not as annoying as the other admins have been.

Yes, seems pretty nice so far. And all my plugins still work!

Jimmy

When Upgrading, to Wordpress 2.7, make sure your plugins are updated to the latest version. Otherwise you will get a ‘plugin warning’ which is rather nice. Next Generation for example has a new release, but it will only work with 2.7 or higher, not even with 2.7 RC2.

The automatic upgrade feature in the tools is super cool, lot quicker and I found easy to use.

REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE ANY UPGRADE. whistle

If you haven’t upgraded yet, you should. It really is quite nicely laid out, and the writing of posts is really a lot easier.