Wordpress Removing Cloaking Programs

It seems that Wordpress is removing listing of plugins, that essentially cloak the URL. Example is Pretty Links, that allows affiliate URLs to be cloaked.

In other words, Jump Plugins, are no longer going to be listed at the Repository on Wordpress.org, which really sucks.

Re: Wordpress Removing Cloaking Programs

As long as they keep supporting them I’m okay.

That’s the $64 question. Will they? The automatic updates are done through the repository. So if a plugin author updates his plugin, he uploads it to the repository, which triggers an update notice, least that’s what I’ve been led to believe. So if they are turfing them, means no notice of updates, at best

That does suck. But I’m sure they’ll be around somewhere out there. They’ll continue to be developed if they’re really needed, it’ll just mean more hassle installing each one won’t it?

Don’t think it will be a big deal. Maybe hard to find one, if you don’t have one already, and updates may be a hassle for existing ones, but really, they are just jump scripts, so no, shouldn’t be a huge issue. Least I hope not :cool:

this is terrible news, its a slippery slope, what will they decide is no longer politically correct next?

Good discussion, but how to attach such clocking plugins and where to find such plugins.