windows XP service pack 3

okay, i installed service pack 3. so far, everything seems normal. has anyone else here installed service pack 3 to their XP, and are there any issues i might want to know about?

Re: windows XP service pack 3

I’ve been ignoring their update bubbles ever since your last post about your friend’s horrible experience of not being able to get on the Web.

Michael

I did a restore point, and let it install. So far, no issues, and that was earlier in the week.

I still have not been bugged by the auto updates about it…when it does, I will give it a go.

I’ve updated 6 computers so far with it when it came out a few months ago and they all are fine.

Jimmy

I do not think the autoupdate will ask you about it. I have a few more computers to update still and they all bug you about other newer updates, but not sp3, unless you actually go to the update page.

Jimmy

[QUOTE=Nicedreams;21202]I do not think the autoupdate will ask you about it. I have a few more computers to update still and they all bug you about other newer updates, but not sp3, unless you actually go to the update page.

Jimmy[/QUOTE]

Mine did, and also on Che’s computer it came up in the new updates avail – otherwise I wouldn’t of known about it probably for awhile.

Updated mine a bit back, no problems either, so far, knock on wood.

i thought i updated mine to sp3 months ago, but today my computer asked me about a huge update it said was sp3 that is the only update for windows xp i’ve been asked to agree to separate terms for.

Mine did the sp3 upgrade about a week ago. It sorta fucked up my flash, but flash updated shortly afterward and it seemed to fix itself. The upgrade took FOREVER to complete though, I thought it had frozen when it was doing “cleanup”. It also did something to MSN messenger, aka live messenger, but I had an old version installed that I can still use and haven’t tried figuring that one out yet.

no problems so far…