Will Windows 7 work with...

Waiting for my copies of Windows 7 and I just remembered all the software I have and problems I had with some getting it to work on Vista.

Will most or all software that works on Vista still work on Win7? Like Office, Adobe Products etc.

I’m asking here because I just don’t trust Microsofts own support or information pages and rather hear from someone who tested it. The next nightmare for us in the EU is that we will have to do a fresh install of Win7, they won’t give allow us to upgrade from Vista.

Re: Will Windows 7 work with…

I have had Windows 7 on my laptop for a few months, and just about to start using it on my desktop. It seems surprisingly solid out of the box for a Microsoft product. It runs office 2003 suite, Paint Shop Pro 9 and Dreamweaver MX or CS4 with no problems.

Software that I had some problems with under Vista has proved no problem with Windows 7. I use quite a few obscure old shareware prgrams that were last updated with windows 98, such as batch jpg rotators, and so far I haven’t found one it won’t run. It has much greater backwards compatibilty than Vista did, and there is a Microsoft power add-on that will run stuff nicely in an XP environment window if neccesary. It also runs much quicker than Vista.

I am normally very wary of new Microsoft stuff, and normally don’t switch OSs until they have been out for over a year, or at least the first major service pack…now I am proposing to run everything off a beta copy…so they must have done something right. :slight_smile:

I think you can be fairly confidant your stuff will run.

Running Windows 7 RC for a bit now, works fine with office 2007 on my end, and most of my other programs too, really old dreamweaver, fireworks, and infranview, editpad, freestone etc.

Had a few issues with one of my anti virus programs, but it came out with a win7 version.

So far, knock on wood, no compatibility issues on my stuff, except a couple of my video games.

I tried Windows 7 and luckily all my software worked, even the old software I bought in 1998 worked.

That was one of the big goals of Windows 7 was that anything that worked on XP would work on Windows 7. Its one of the reasons people didnt like Vista

Office 2007, Photoshop CS4, Dreamweaver CS4, StatsRemote Beta: all work absolutely fine. No issues whatsoever.

what’s it like? Annoying and slow like Vista (my experience anyway)? Or more like XP?

for me, never had an issue with vista, but win7 seems more intuitive, and faster, a more enhanced version of xp, in my mind

I agree. It’s functional and works. Vista was good in my opinion, but I could never go back to ANY version of Windows now I have experienced 7.