Why?

Why do some sponsors label their zip files with numbers, rather than the model name or something to identify what the update is, such as maybe even the date of release?

Why do sponsors label their banners for different sites, with only a number, instead of a name plus number?

Why do sponsors pay so much for NATS but hardly use the functions?

Why do some sponsors always label each picture in a set beginning with 01, instead of the model name with a number?

Why do some sponsors never answer emails, even if you use their stupid message option in NATS 4?

Why do sponsor rarely include the model info, or even a name at times?

Course my biggest whine, why do sponsors send you pics, that basically are all the same pose but with a hair out of place, or a head turned slightly different, or in a different depth?

There, I feel better lol

Re: Why?

I can try to make some guesses

1. has to do with 2257 ID codes
  2. they didn’t hire me to make the banners
  3. most are lucky to figure out how to add their design to the pages and get fhgs listed, much less figure out the other toys
  4. 01 is the default. Renaming takes time and a rnameit software.
  5. I have no answer for that one!
  6. very few producers/sites use and/or ask for actual information, such as cock size, height, weight, etc. Most make up a story about the model, or hire someone to write up text about them for blogs, etc.
  7. usually if a set doesn’t have a whole lot of pictures, they’ll be stingy with the “good” shots, saving those for paying members. Not saying this is a good practice, just a gut reaction to trying to “not put it all out there”.

I’m shutting up. Ha, if anyone believes that. My gripes are more basic. Like providing promo material consistent with site advertising and materials of least decent quality. I think the answers depend on many things and are not always from negligence. Sponsors undoubtedly have their fair share of gripes about affiliates. Serious stuff on both sides.

Seems like the only way out of this is to do something productive and practical. Maybe set up some kind of forum specifically to get positive communication going, for legitimate requests on both sides. Nothing is going to happen until people are aware of and understand the different situations.

Why do some sponsors label their zip files with numbers, rather than the model name or something to identify what the update is, such as maybe even the date of release?

While our new zip files might have a cryptic name, it does unzip into an organized folder with the site name (initials actually) and release name.

Why do sponsors label their banners for different sites, with only a number, instead of a name plus number?

It could be a limitation of the software they’re using to manage their affiliate tools. We try to name ours with a reference to the site name.

Why do sponsors pay so much for NATS but hardly use the functions?

Good question.

Why do some sponsors always label each picture in a set beginning with 01, instead of the model name with a number?

Our images are all labeled with the site name and release name and then numbers.

Why do some sponsors never answer emails, even if you use their stupid message option in NATS 4?

Couldn’t tell you.

Why do sponsor rarely include the model info, or even a name at times?

We always do at least to some degree.

Course my biggest whine, why do sponsors send you pics, that basically are all the same pose but with a hair out of place, or a head turned slightly different, or in a different depth?

I don’t know. We usually hand pick the photos & screen caps sent out.

You read my thoughts Gaystoryman. I ask myself almost the same questions regularly.

Gaystoryman -

Do you realize that all the above WHY questions read better when read aloud to this critical musical accompaniment:

//youtu.be/6NuuN6n0egA

Steve

I always get so paranoid when people make threads like this.

I sometimes sit back and get angry and say “I don’t do that” or something.

I guess the only one of those I’m guilty of is naming pictures with numbers and not MODELNAME_01. And sure. I can do that.

I like threads like this. It helps me to know what’s better for affiliates so I can make things better.
My first few batches of affiliate content made many of those “mistakes” but now they are all in compliance.
There’s still a few things I don’t do that are not mentioned here and I’m not going to bring up.