Why Use Tags

It is interesting, to see the Affiliate Content Forum filling up, but I have to wonder, at why MOST webmasters dont fill out the Tags when they are adding their updates.

To begin with, it helps in being noticed, when being searched, by potential new affiliates, and for oldtimers too. In case we missed an update or two. Hey it happens.

Thing is, very few have bothered, however the Tag Fairy has kindly added your program name into the tag section.

And it really isn’t hard to do.

Thing is, that it does make it easier for anyone who is a member to search for your product.

For example, take zBucks. If you use the “general” search option, instead of tags, this is what you get.

Lots to wade through, to find exactly what you wanted, which is the recent updates to any sites by zBucks. You will get all the posts that might contain the sponsor name. (in this case zBucks)

Using the Tag Search

then you would get this result which is refined and shows entries in the affiliate content forum. The other stuff is missing, so you can easily find the update info.

The whole idea is to make it easier for affiliates to find your products, your update info. As the forum grows, the list will too, so by using tags, you can help affiliates group together all your updates at once, saving them time and effort. It helps you too.

Bottom line for Sponsors, is it makes it a lot easier for affiliates to get caught up on your product, and for them to peruse the stuff, to maybe join up.

Best of all, adding the tags to your posts, takes maybe 3 or 4 seconds?

Look at how Buddy Profits have tagged their content updates, and look at the tag cloud. It gets them recognized.

Anyhow, thought I’d mention that using the tag feature, is of benefit to you.

This feature can be of super help, to both Sponsors & Affiliates, but only if you all use the features to help make them work at their peak. USING TAGS does help. (And this forum does get crawled nicely by the search engines.)

Keep in mind, you can add multiple tags, just separate them with a comma.

addtags.jpg

zbucksgeneral.jpg

tagsearchbox.jpg

zbuckstags.jpg

tagcloud.jpg

Re: Why Use Tags

I actually forget that thing is down there most of the time.
After reading BassChicks post a few days ago I was hoping to remember but thanks to the “Tag Fairy” in the mean time.