Why so many AVS sites?

Not sure what’s going on… Are people feeling the squeeze and earning less? For what ever reason I’ve seen a big increase in AVS sites being submitted to gaydemon.

Far too many really. If it doesnt change I’ll have to do something. Its not good when you start having the majority of sites listed being AVS. Dont want to turn into a AVS directory.

Any suggestions how or what to do?

Re: Why so many AVS sites?

I have a similar problem … I have a backlog of about 800 AVS sites that I haven’t approved. I keep them in the queue in case I have a soft submission day, but I simply don’t need that many AVS sites.

I don’t want to put submission limits on webmasters because I really don’t mind if a webmaster submits 10 freesites all at once, I simply spread them out over my updates.

You could put in place a submission rule that would prevent a webmaster from submitting the same site but mirrored to three different AVS systems. Who needs three listings of the same content. Unless the sites are vastly different in style, this doesn’t really add value to your list.

And I suppose you could start getting really picky. If a webmaster submits a site with three pictures and an AVS script, then start rejecting them. If a webmaster submits five a day with the exact same template, accept two and reject three. I guess that’s about all you can do.

Sorry, I haven’t been doing freesites, I’ve been up to my eyeballs in the launch of Butch Dixon.

Michael

Its the same as I am doing then. I dont approve all of them, i spread them out over a long time when there are lots of them. Same with free sites when there are loads from a single webmaster.

I’ll just have to keep doing that, and more than before. Still just seems like a huge increase this last week.

[quote=dzinerbear;23348]I have a similar problem … I have a backlog of about 800 AVS sites that I haven’t approved. I keep them in the queue in case I have a soft submission day, but I simply don’t need that many AVS sites.

I don’t want to put submission limits on webmasters because I really don’t mind if a webmaster submits 10 freesites all at once, I simply spread them out over my updates.

You could put in place a submission rule that would prevent a webmaster from submitting the same site but mirrored to three different AVS systems. Who needs three listings of the same content. Unless the sites are vastly different in style, this doesn’t really add value to your list.

And I suppose you could start getting really picky. If a webmaster submits a site with three pictures and an AVS script, then start rejecting them. If a webmaster submits five a day with the exact same template, accept two and reject three. I guess that’s about all you can do.

Sorry, I haven’t been doing freesites, I’ve been up to my eyeballs in the launch of Butch Dixon.

Michael[/quote]

maybe you could start an avs-only link list, as well.

I thought AVS was dead. That’s what so many people out there are saying. Obviously it’s not.

I also wonder with freesites becoming less profitable lately (more clicks, fewer sales) if webmasters are trying some old things to boost their sales.

Michael

Bjorn,

I would just be more picky with AVS sites. Maybe have the following two rules -

1. No sponsor Content
  2. Minimum of 100 pics

I know there are a couple GMP webmasters that hardly design a tour and just go for the middle page clicks and make a few cents every time a visitor enters the site.

[QUOTE=abostonboy;23363]Bjorn,

I would just be more picky with AVS sites. Maybe have the following two rules -

1. No sponsor Content
  2. Minimum of 100 pics

I know there are a couple GMP webmasters that hardly design a tour and just go for the middle page clicks and make a few cents every time a visitor enters the site.[/QUOTE]

That would count out probably 99% of avs webmasters these days.

[QUOTE=abostonboy;23363]1. No sponsor Content
2. Minimum of 100 pics[/QUOTE]

When most AVS systems has a 50 pic minimum, how could you possibly expect a webmaster to have 100 pics.

Michael

[QUOTE=dzinerbear;23366]When most AVS systems has a 50 pic minimum, how could you possibly expect a webmaster to have 100 pics.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Why not? Very few of the AEN sites that I did in the past with the goal to sell an AEN membership had 50 pics. Most had at least 100 pics. I would take a few sets and make an AEN site. If each set had 60 pics, then my AEN site had 180 pics.

If a link list is getting more AEN sites than they can list, then I don’t see why they can’t be more picky in the requirements. There are quite a few AEN builders that design AEN sites to sell memberships to the AEN that use over 50 pics.

But, I have noticed that a few UGAS/CA builders are now spamming the other AENS with the same sites.

And it would solve Bjorn’s problem of too many sites. What is happening in the market is it is Sept and all the AEN builders that build AEN sites are back to work submitting AEN sites just to make sales of the AEN link list. And hey, they might as well submit them to the link lists as well…

As a link list owner, why should AEN sites (that a surfer has to pay to see the content) contain the same amount of pics as a free site and basically the same content?

And why would anyone create a freesite and give away 50 or 60 pics, which many LLs require now, when they could do an AVS site instead.

Michael

[QUOTE=abostonboy;23373]And it would solve Bjorn’s problem of too many sites. What is happening in the market is it is Sept and all the AEN builders that build AEN sites are back to work submitting AEN sites just to make sales of the AEN link list. And hey, they might as well submit them to the link lists as well…

As a link list owner, why should AEN sites (that a surfer has to pay to see the content) contain the same amount of pics as a free site and basically the same content?[/QUOTE]

If he wanted to go to zero submissions he could just stop listing AVS. Same thing pretty much. And the AVSs are still making money. Its not just “spamming” the AVS link list. If you submit to link lists and have a hub you get AVS sales too.

[QUOTE=dzinerbear;23378]And why would anyone create a freesite and give away 50 or 60 pics, which many LLs require now, when they could do an AVS site instead.

Michael[/QUOTE]

That’s pretty much my point and why Bjorn is getting a lot of AEN sites now. If free sites require 50 or 60 pics, webmasters are just doing AEN sites instead. Same amount of pics plus they can make a sale to the AEN.

My real point is that many webmasters just mirror AEN sites and make them free sites. There is no real difference between an AEN or a free site, except the webmaster deciding if they want to submit it to gaydemon as a free site or an AEN site.

If you bump up the standard to list an AEN site, you will get less submissions and some degree of quality. It’s a win for the link list. There are still some AEN builders that are actually building good sites.