why newbs shouldn't make their own banners

let me point out that i, too, was a newb once. i made crappy banners that most people didn’t want to click, and looking back at some of my oldest stuff, i can’t blame 'em. i wouldn’t want to click them, either. funny thing was i thought they were great at the time - probably because i was so happy i had learned to make banners :rolleyes:

the thing is that many people shouldn’t make their own banners. low quality pics, pics that are stretched out of shape, banners that don’t say anything so they just look like a page element, jagged text on a weirdly cut-out pic, bad cutouts, logos with edges that aren’t the same color as the banners - these are just a few of the pitfalls that await both newbies and those of us who just are um… graphically challenged.

the thing i don’t get here is that especially with paysite owners, a good banner will send SO many more clicks than a bad one. making your own banners can mean you’re leaving money on the table - lots of money. what’s more, you can get a banner from a high end designer for $25 or less - usually less. and there are plenty of designers who will do a banner for you for $20 or less - and most will go even lower if you order several.

so why not do what i do and simply order a few banners from a designer? if you don’t know any, there are several on this board and you can find them listed in the resource section. or you can ask for recommendations - most of us have a few designers we recommend after we’ve been around a while.

Re: why newbs shouldn’t make their own banners

Do what you do best, outsource the rest! The problem is that if you dont ever do that work, you wont get good at it.

[QUOTE=basschick;33603]let me point out that i, too, was a newb once. i made crappy banners that most people didn’t want to click, and looking back at some of my oldest stuff, i can’t blame 'em. i wouldn’t want to click them, either. funny thing was i thought they were great at the time - probably because i was so happy i had learned to make banners :rolleyes:

the thing is that many people shouldn’t make their own banners. low quality pics, pics that are stretched out of shape, banners that don’t say anything so they just look like a page element, jagged text on a weirdly cut-out pic, bad cutouts, logos with edges that aren’t the same color as the banners - these are just a few of the pitfalls that await both newbies and those of us who just are um… graphically challenged.

the thing i don’t get here is that especially with paysite owners, a good banner will send SO many more clicks than a bad one. making your own banners can mean you’re leaving money on the table - lots of money. what’s more, you can get a banner from a high end designer for $25 or less - usually less. and there are plenty of designers who will do a banner for you for $20 or less - and most will go even lower if you order several.

so why not do what i do and simply order a few banners from a designer? if you don’t know any, there are several on this board and you can find them listed in the resource section. or you can ask for recommendations - most of us have a few designers we recommend after we’ve been around a while.[/QUOTE]

Who can you recommend?

i heartily recommend www.s2odesigns.com - his work is always on time, prices are reasonable and i’ve been happy with his work.

xerex from tenderdesigns have done all sorts of work for me and tender did some really good stuff, too.
http://www.insanegalls.com/SampleWorks/index.html
xerex ICQ : 336487572 xerex.designer [at] gmail [dot] com
tender + ICQ: 312352846 +

bec on this board does banners - hit her up for samples.

kreadult.com - i used them for years while they were webinc.com but they don’t seem to have their banner samples up

Blue Fly Adult look pretty good too. Their ear marked to do my paysite. Nice quality at nice prices.

Im trying to find a company called Yellow Cat something or other. They did a paysite tour and a gallery for me, very nice work at a very low price. Cant find it now but if I do ill post as banners where cheap to.

Found it http://www.yellowcatstyle.com/

Such a stupid domain as I can never remember it and have to search. They do banners from $10. Their AVS design is actually better than many peoples paysite designs imo and very cheap for what you get. You do have to be patient with them though as they get busy.

Bec has also done me a couple of banners that I was very happy with.

i tried to order work from yellowcatstyle - never could get hold of them, and i tried for ages.

yup! very true basschick, i fully agree with you!