Why are rebills such a secret?

Couple of threads have discussed the rebill ratios, and it seems that most sponsors are reluctant to divulge their rebill ratio’s, which begs the question, why?

Is it that they use the PPS model, to their advantage, so if affiliates knew the rebill ratio, they would switch to revshare, or is there more to it?

Any sponsor wanna chime in with the answer? :smiley:

Re: Why are rebills such a secret?

they make more money keeping affiliates in the dark.

We show all affiliates there rebill count as default- even on PPS

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Richard;95436]We show all affiliates there rebill count as default- even on PPS

:)[/QUOTE]

Yes, but that isn’t what I am talking about Richard. I am talking about the ‘sites’ rebill ratio. Why (as an example) does BoyCrush not say, our site rebills at 40% or 20% or whatever it is. Why is that info not readily available to Affiliates?

Its not a secret, its just people don’t generally put that information up, and in all honesty- no one has ever asked me too!

It’s not really a secret. If anyone that currently markets zbuckz or is thinking about marketing zbuckz I will give them that information. One of the issues is that it requires some discussion. Most of the sites have a higher rebill rate when a surfer is going into a higher price option than when going into trial. One price point we have has a way higher rebill ratio than all others; but you make less per initial sale and rebill. So, it’s not a one size fits all thing.

I have always told affiliates to the best I can if they would make more money on revshare or PPS. In fact just this week I told an affiliate that he would be making more on revshare than PPS as he keeps constantly selling the $140 memberships and most of his trials convert to full memberships.

Program owners have to be careful. Even when we post our conversion ratios in public and if affiliates don’t make those numbers, then they get suspicious. The same would be true with rebill ratios and various other site metrics. That is why is best to have a one on one conversation with the affiliate.

As a general rule of thumb a rebill percentage of 30% is about average. If a site is doing 40% or better then that is most likely on the high end.

I think what Lloyd said is the best way to handle it. I always have this one on one discussions with the large sponsors I work with.

I feel that the best metric of a site is the retention rate. What % of members does a site retain from one period to the next.