Why are British banks such theiving cock suckers?

Theyve now decided to nearly tripple my fee for cashing a non UK check to $28 per item. Oh and it will take upto 8 weeks to clear now, so they keep my money and charge me a rediculous rate to do it.

For that fee I may as well get the money wired to me.

:grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:

Re: Why are British banks such theiving cock suckers?

Wow, get an account at the Nationwide. They charge 6.50 UKP and the money is in the account in a week or sometimes less. They have good online banking too.

Well Im not staying with Yorkshire. The thing is most of my money is Epass now so I dont pay in enough money to keep a current account going, so I have to go with the basic account.

Ill defo contact them and see what they say.

Thanks Garry.

You are joking!???

$28 per check? Thats outragous!

HSBC charges a fair bit as well, but no where close to it. Checks are such a hassle and wish there was a better way. But practically there is only Wire or Epassporte. And Epassporte is difficult to transfer money out from. Which leaves Wires… which are expensive.

But yes, Banks are cock suckers!

[quote=marcjacob;15929]Theyve now decided to nearly tripple my fee for cashing a non UK check to $28 per item. Oh and it will take upto 8 weeks to clear now, so they keep my money and charge me a rediculous rate to do it.

For that fee I may as well get the money wired to me.

:grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:[/quote]

[QUOTE=marcjacob;15931]Well Im not staying with Yorkshire. The thing is most of my money is Epass now so I dont pay in enough money to keep a current account going, so I have to go with the basic account.

Ill defo contact them and see what they say.

Thanks Garry.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know there are a couple of free basic accounts you can get with the Nationwide: Flexaccount and Cashbuilder. Both come with a cash card and there is online banking. Plus they have a good online-only esavings account that you can switch money in and out of instantly on the website.

Bjorn Epass is great, get the atm card, its $2 per cash point withdrawel. If your a bigger affiliate you may have to do it over a couple of days, but with the amounts I get its fairly straight forward. Plus I can pay my hosting with it so I can bills first then withdraw.

Just dont leave large amounts of money it :slight_smile:

I wish CCBill paid by Epass!

You know their was a guy who changed his name to Mr Yorkshire Bank are facist bastards and then got them to write to him! Its the same bank, perhaps I should be Mr Yorkshire Bank PLC and theiving cocksuckers LOL

Not sure if thats possible on my business account with epassporte. Then again I havent tried… Having a limited company kind of restricts me with what i can and cant do.

Then again I guess there cant be anything wrong with taking out cash and depositing it another company account…

[quote=marcjacob;15937]Bjorn Epass is great, get the atm card, its $2 per cash point withdrawel. If your a bigger affiliate you may have to do it over a couple of days, but with the amounts I get its fairly straight forward. Plus I can pay my hosting with it so I can bills first then withdraw.

Just dont leave large amounts of money it :slight_smile:

I wish CCBill paid by Epass![/quote]

Why don’t you get a foreign currency account? Mine is linked up to my business account and can transfer cleared cheques over instantly. Nowhere near $28 per cheque either.

Which banks do that?

I’m with HSBC Business. Got a current account, tax savings account and a foreign currency account - all linked up. All the cheques or currency transactions I receive go into the foreign currency account.

I’m sure other banks will have something similar, but it’s on the business side. I got stung by RBS when I paid a foreign cheque into my personal current account once.