Which works best? Videos or pictures?

I usually only make free sites with pictures and try and upsell to videos. Except for the really good quality picture sites, where I try and sell that.

But do videos work better or worse?

I had imagined that they were perhaps enough for someone to get off on, and so no real need to buy a membership? But then there are quite a few free site makers who consistently use videos, so must be working.

What do you think?

Re: Which works best? Videos or pictures?

a video freesite has 2 - 3 minutes of video total, and it’s broken into 6 - 8 clips, so i expect that’s too annoying to get off to.

that being said, i have had better luck converting galleries and freesites with pics, but i know some webmasters who have the knack with videos.

Thanks basschick, I thought that might be the case.

I asked this a few months back and the consensus seemed to be that videos just burned up bandwidth without increasing conversions.

Michael

Ah cool. Sorry, must have missed that thread. I think I would worry about bandwith. I find pictures have sold just as easy as videos have whenever I’ve made a video gallery.

No worries, I wasn’t scolding you … just pointing out that as much as everyone is tube crazy, photos still seem to be powerful sellers. And it doesn’t seem to be changing. :slight_smile:

Michael

That’s good news. I much prefer using pictures, not only for bandwidth, but I always see pictures and screen caps as good ‘teasers’ for selling videos.

Pictures by far for me.