When was your last sale with TIMFuck?

I just realized I’ve made no sales with TIMFuck this month (or TIMSuck, etc - but I don’t really promote the other TIM sites all that much). That’s really odd for me. Last month I did 18 sales. DHD is showing the traffic is consistent, but all I have are rebills this month.

I know Treasure Island just sent out an email announcing their new web team. I’m wondering if they fucked something up when they took over or if they changed credit card billers or something.

So when was your last TIMFuck (or TIMSuck/TIMJack/etc) sale? Mine was July 29 - nothing so far this month.

Re: When was your last sale with TIMFuck?

I gave them up a long time ago. I never managed to get any sales and something was not quite right with their tours. Pity really as it’s some great content.

[QUOTE=rawTOP;100724]I just realized I’ve made no sales with TIMFuck this month (or TIMSuck, etc - but I don’t really promote the other TIM sites all that much). That’s really odd for me. Last month I did 18 sales. DHD is showing the traffic is consistent, but all I have are rebills this month.

I know Treasure Island just sent out an email announcing their new web team. I’m wondering if they fucked something up when they took over or if they changed credit card billers or something.

So when was your last TIMFuck (or TIMSuck/TIMJack/etc) sale? Mine was July 29 - nothing so far this month.[/QUOTE]

RAWTOP,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand that many of our affiliates are having issues with the program and they are having to do with the implementation of a brand new affiliate program coming in the future. We didn’t know that it was affecting the affiliates in such a way that it wasn’t tracking sales, so please bear with us as we try and have this fixed. If you can send me an email with what you believe your sales should be, we can go ahead and try and recapture those for you.

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to let me know.

chris at treasureislandmedia dot com

REALLY? They’re one of my best sponsors - BY FAR… Odd… My other really good sponsor you have problems with as well…

[QUOTE=TIMediaChris;100743] If you can send me an email with what you believe your sales should be, we can go ahead and try and recapture those for you.

chris at treasureislandmedia dot com[/QUOTE]

Will do. Thanks.

Hey rawTOP. My last TIMFuck sale was on August 25 and I have had numerous sales during August. I recently found a problem with the DHD Media affiliate link and I notified TIMFuck of this problem immediately and Matt looked into it and had it resolved quickly. Although this problem has since been resolved, I will share with you what I believe the problem was. I discovered that the link generator for “default” includes “dcdid.0” in the link code. Just recently this code redirected visitors to a blank page at TIMFuck. If visitors were smart enough to edit their browser by removing the “show.php?a=62_1” code after “http://timfuck.com/” then they could access the site, but sales were probably not being tracked. If they didn’t do this then they probably just closed their browser and left. I never mentioned this problem here because TIMFuck rectified this problem quickly after I informed them of this issue. I don’t enough know for how long the problem existed, but as I check my links manually every few days, I don’t think this problem was around for too long. I use an automatic link checking plugin at my blog, but it doesn’t detect issues such as blank pages, hence my manual link checking process. ~ Brad.

[QUOTE=TIMediaChris;100743]RAWTOP,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand that many of our affiliates are having issues with the program and they are having to do with the implementation of a brand new affiliate program coming in the future. We didn’t know that it was affecting the affiliates in such a way that it wasn’t tracking sales, so please bear with us as we try and have this fixed. If you can send me an email with what you believe your sales should be, we can go ahead and try and recapture those for you.

RawTOP - thanks for bringing this to my attention. Like you, my TIMfuck sales disappeared mysteriously this Summer.

However I did get a signup out of the blue on August 16th.

Frustratingly, DHD RevEx stats for me are just going back to July 7th…which report no sales / no rebills except for the August 16th one.

What is TIMfuck’s tracking cookie duration now?

Steve

Hopefully, Treasure Island will move away from DHD. They’re useless. I don’t promote any programs that use DHD, it was built by people who know little about dealing with affiliates, imo anyway.

It might have been a couple of years ago, I don’t think it was on DHD when I promoted them last. But the experience has kept me away from them. If they decide to upgrade to something like NATS I’d love to promote them again.

[QUOTE=TIMediaChris;100743]RAWTOP,

What will you be upgrading to? NATS or?

I agree with Michael’s comments about DHD Media. I find that retrieving promotional content using DHD Media is difficult because of having to scroll down the page within a frame. DHD Media doesn’t offer Paxum as a payment option and because they don’t utilize a secure server for affiliates, I will not enter my bank account details to receive an international wire. I am also interested to hear whether Treasure Island Media will be upgrading to NATS as Bjorn has asked. One good thing about DHD Media is that I actually cashed the checks they sent to me. I started promoting Treasure Island Media before they moved to DHD Media and because the affiliate checks were signed by Paul Morris, I actually kept a couple of them for keepsakes rather than cashing them, because it was kind of like having a personal autograph from the creator of a studio I really admire. Just thought I’d share this last bit of highly unusual information with you all! :wink: I would like to see the NATS affiliate platform and Paxum payments would be great too if you are seeking input from your affiliates. :slight_smile:

Brad: Yes, it was fun getting those Paul Morris signed checks. My friends were wowed by them as well… “Ooooh, and it’s signed by Paul Morris.”

-Steve

I try not to promote DHD programs… too fucked up for my liking. NATS, CCbill, Verotel or get real!

It took me a while to figure out DHD’s affiliate interface, but once I got over that hurdle I’ve never had a problem. I like them actually… Except when they’re not crediting me for sales…

[SIZE=4]Attn: RawTOP and TIMediaChris:[/SIZE]

Well this morning I think I figured out why our sales have dropped with TIMfuck (and their other related websites) — the affiliate tracking cookie duration is set to 60 minutes!

(I am using the wonderful Cookies plug-in for Firefox - specifically eyeballing cookie name “dcwid” , value=“My DHDRexExID” , expires=“Today, in one hour GMT”)

I KNOW when I checked back when I originally signed up with the program it was not 60 minutes.

TIMChris ---- please correct this to 30 days, the standard duration ---- or if you guys want to be like Gunzblazing, you can set it for 60 days! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Steve

That’s an interesting discovery Steve. I wonder how many sales we actually generate for T.I.M. that are not credited to us because of this short cookie life. If they don’t lengthen the cookie time to say 30 days minimum, then I will stop promoting them, because a 60 minute cookie life does not indicate respect for affiliates and the hard work they invest into promote their sites. With a 60 minute cookie duration affiliates have been working hard to send traffic to generate sales and then for sales made beyond 60 minutes we miss out on our commission and the program cashes in. I don’t think that’s very fair, so I look forward to seeing a response here from Chris or Matt from T.I.M asap with a resolution to this problem.

Hey Guys:

Scratch that ---- sorry. I’m looking at the wrong cookie. My mistake — I’m using this supposedly fancy cookies tool for the new Firefox.
Anyways I went in and looked the old fashioned way - and I see TIMfuck sets it’s cookie from the dhdmedia.com domain - Name DCWID_562 --> and it’s 30 days.

I knew when I looked back a year or so ago it was for a decent time span. Sorry for crying wolf.

However, this has gotten me to go back and look at some other affiliate programs and see what’s changed with their cookie durations. Has anyone else looked at these for their major sponsors lately?

Steve