When Sponsors Change Tools

I really wonder about sponsors, at times. I mean, they provide their affiliates with certain tools, then suddenly, either the rep moves on, or they hire a new program manager, or just simply upgrade their tools section, but then the problems arise.

Why for example send email zipped copies of the current pictures, but don’t have them in their own folder, so when one unzips them, they don’t get mixed in with others.

Why change the included text commentary, that deletes basic model or shoot info, such as the age, dick size, colors, and all that, replaced with, well, boring text.

Allow for a delimited dump, but then place the wrong information into the various columns, like putting the link url in date added, or description?

Why add a whole bunch of tools, but provide no simple instructions on how to use them?

Add downloadable or embed videos, but put the first added, at the top, instead of putting the latest releases on top. I mean who wants to scroll through a whole whack of videos, to find the latest releases?

Why add videos, but not any content for the video, even when you have already emailed out the content photos?

I just don’t get it anymore. :bang: Why make it harder for affiliates to promote your stuff?

Re: When Sponsors Change Tools

thank you - not that your writing about us in particular but, we’re beginning to get the picture and are actually making some significant changes to the way we distribute our stuff which in turn, will hopefully make our affiliates jobs easier and, ours too

Gaystoryman’s comments are so valid. I push sponsors with great tools that are easy to use much more than other sponsors. If a sponsor provides blog content, why not provide it in a good RSS feed? I can get 20 more blog postings out for a paysite with an RSS feed compared to a paysite without a webmaster-friendly feed.

I know exactly what you mean…the biggest issue we have had in our nats3->4 upgrade has been making the webmaster tools section more palatable. There was no way we were going to release our upgrade with the standard nats4 webmaster area. We ended up doing some major customizations in our nats4 skin, and thats the main reason its taken like 4 months to do this upgrade. I really do hope the final result will please all.

BTW, we just did our final import of our banners today and will be doing re-testing tomorrow, then we will get TMM to import our live data and do the official switch hopefully by the end of this week…making us the first gay program on nats4!