What's wrong with ClipShare?

Hello,
looking around I’ve found lots of bad opinions about clipshare. I didn’t test it out yet so I cannot say anything. I’m just curious about what you don’t like about this script. It seems easy to install, manage and customize. But, as I said, it SEEMS.

Anything more?

Thank you

Re: What’s wrong with ClipShare?

i dont agree… its not easy to customize… the amount of free layouts is very small and over all the script is slugish…

it is constantly killing our powerhouse of a machine that runs it and believe me we have bigger sites running on smaller machines without any problem…

unless you really love the script for some reason i dont know, i would stay away or change script…

Yesterday I bought it. Installed this morning. Now time for chargeback. lol

It took me such a long time to get it installed. Finally got it working. Its ok, it does what its supposed to but im not impressed. However there is not really any other choice.

I just wanted something that I could use to create videos for blog posts without using tube sites.

Now I got to tackle the design part of it…

Oh and clipshare support? Forget it. Rubbish and rude!

[QUOTE=gaydemon;23707]It took me such a long time to get it installed. Finally got it working. Its ok, it does what its supposed to but im not impressed. However there is not really any other choice.

I just wanted something that I could use to create videos for blog posts without using tube sites.

Now I got to tackle the design part of it…

Oh and clipshare support? Forget it. Rubbish and rude![/QUOTE]

I’m in a strange position. I have no time to take care of a tube (it means adding content) but two friends of mine asked me to help them making an adult tube site. We live in the same city so the communication is really good.

As you already told there’s not any other choice. So I told them to buy this script. It lacks of some important features, really helpful for them.

I have another choice. Code it. It’s not a big problem for me. Once the db design is well done the script grows up quickly. My problem is time. I have not time. :bang:

i disagree, there are tons of tube software out there… GFY have many threads listing different tube software…

vshare is rock solid and used on a ton of sites and only 10 bux :slight_smile:

There are actually quite a few tube scripts that are better than ClipShare. From my experience, I have found it to be “sloppy code” and have been advised from my host to stay away from that software at all costs. I just don’t think it is a script that was properly coded.

smart thumbs has a script that includes tube support, and they DO have pretty good support:

http://smart-scripts.com/?action=smarttext
look at the tube features lower down the page

[QUOTE=basschick;23758]smart thumbs has a script that includes tube support, and they DO have pretty good support:

http://smart-scripts.com/?action=smarttext
look at the tube features lower down the page[/QUOTE]

I have 10+ ST licenses and yes, their support is amazing. This script is a sort of hybrid between a tube site and an mgp. Basically it’s an mgp2 with movies in flv. It lacks of every features of a common tube sites.

Which ones? I already checked out a few and didnt find anything that looked more professional than Clip Share. Would be good to know if there are better and which ones.

I did have a look at the $10 one, but it didnt seem that good to me, not any better than clipshare at least.

[QUOTE=gaydemon;23762]Which ones? I already checked out a few and didnt find anything that looked more professional than Clip Share. Would be good to know if there are better and which ones.

I did have a look at the $10 one, but it didnt seem that good to me, not any better than clipshare at least.[/QUOTE]

the 10 bux one is real stable and efficient tho, and i know of a bunch of str8 decent sized traffic tubes that use it, plus most customize it a bit, it seems to be real easy to tweak to suit your needs :slight_smile:

At the end we installed clipshare. I’m not a big fan of this script but - as demon said - it’s one of the really few choices and it seems to be the most “professional”. Yesterday I did the design, now my friends have fun integrate it with the script. I think that I’ll have fun too making some changes to the code cause we need to divide channels or categories (we’ll the better implementation) in two parts - gay and straight.

I think it was mostly the basic design and functions that put me off. At least by looking at the site itself and others who use it, it put me off. I’m sure its stable but just presented in such a bad way and from the look of it hard to do a good design for.

see thats what i am saying… it is constantly pulling our powerhouse of a box down - the script is fine as long as you are testing it but once traffic hits you will get a kick in the balls by the sloppy code and its overuse of CPU/RAM etc…

Bjorn, if you just want a script that can convert your stuff to flash basically any script out there is better than clipshare…

I agree with you. Don’t ask me why but I don’t trust “$10” script, especially when I used to code and I know how hard it is. Clipshare seems to be a good script for a good reason: it’s updated. In their forum they don’t hide its bugs and they’re coding the 5th release. It’s good in my opinion.

[QUOTE=Mickey;23799]see thats what i am saying… it is constantly pulling our powerhouse of a box down - the script is fine as long as you are testing it but once traffic hits you will get a kick in the balls by the sloppy code and its overuse of CPU/RAM etc…

Bjorn, if you just want a script that can convert your stuff to flash basically any script out there is better than clipshare…[/QUOTE]

How much traffic? What kind of box is yours?

FYI, there are sites making $$$$ with clipshare. www.gaytube.com is doing very well and in mainstream, www.godtube.com recently got $40mil from investors. So CS definitely has potential if you know what you are doing.

–Chubbs

[QUOTE=Chubbs;23819]FYI, there are sites making $$$$ with clipshare. www.gaytube.com is doing very well and in mainstream, www.godtube.com recently got $40mil from investors. So CS definitely has potential if you know what you are doing.

–Chubbs[/QUOTE]

sshhh… there’s no money in tube :frowning: