What kind of bonus day do you prefer?

I’m thinking about some bonus days/week for a brand new program. There are lots of different juicy options. We won’t offer PPS (at least during the first months) so I thought about an PPS + partnership on rebills as bonus. Another option could be 100% partnership on signup and normal % on rebills. As affiliates, which kind of bonus would you prefer?

Thank you. :cool:

Re: What kind of bonus day do you prefer?

Neither. This came up at the Phoenix forum in a roundtable discussion. Pretty much all the webmasters agreed that I didn’t help that much. Most preferred having a long term relationship with a site that converted and retained vs. promo days.

this has come up a lot recently. i’m sure you saw the adx thread - most people don’t even worry about bonus days anymore. and with the competition paying $75 or $100 per signup, i suspect that the people who do work harder for bonus days are getting fairly jaded…

For some reason, I don’t trust programs that have crazy bonus days. If it’s too good to be true… it usually is.

Gay Gravy has wild bonus days and all they did was piss me off. You’d spend a lot of time putting stuff up leading up to the bonus day, then you wouldn’t get anything and feel like you wasted your time. And when it happens consistently you begin to wonder if the sites just don’t sell or if you’re being shaved.

I agree with the other, wild bonus days aren’t a great idea. They sounded good in theory, but largely are a disappointment. I also think there are “bonus webmasters” out there who just run around promoted bonus days, and when the bonus is over, they move on.

Pride Bucks runs bonus days occasionally. They have a 12 days of Christmas promotion that they run where every day leading up to Christmas the PPS rate increases by a buck. And I think they’ve had the odd other bonus day here and there. But I just never seem to have my shit together to jump on them.

Why don’t you try things like giving the top five most improved webmasters a $100 bonus? Webmaster got five sales last month and 20 sales this month … that sort of thing. That way you’d be working with webmasters who are actually trying to sell your product. Giving them the $100 bonus would help push them on to sell more and they’d feel appreciated. You could end up turning some low-producing webmasters into medium producing ones.

Michael

[QUOTE=dzinerbear;15266]Gay Gravy has wild bonus days and all they did was piss me off. You’d spend a lot of time putting stuff up leading up to the bonus day, then you wouldn’t get anything and feel like you wasted your time. And when it happens consistently you begin to wonder if the sites just don’t sell or if you’re being shaved.
[/QUOTE]

Have you noticed that with the launch of FREE trial to PA and the big bonus day coming up that your links to the individual sites are now messed up?

If you send to an individual site, it shows $1 as the cheapest membership option, but right above it, it says get FREE access to this sites and all the PA sites.