what email program do you use?

a lot of people i know use outlook, but for years i used eudora, and then for several more years i brought all my email into yahoo mail because it was fast and there was never a risk of bringing viruses or trojans into my computer.

for the last couple weeks, i’ve been filtering my mail in my computer and then keeping it all in my webmail for my server, so i’m really interested in what others are using and how they like it.

Re: what email program do you use?

I’ve used Pegasus Mail for more than ten years. Most people would probably find it old fashioned these days but it has masses of features.

using windows thunderbird imho is the best. I hate webmails

Mozilla Thunderbird. Started back when it was part of Netscape 2 I think. Don’t see any reason to change.

windows thunderbird

It would scare me using Yahoo! or Hotmail. Soooooo slow, all those ads and losing everything if you didn’t log in for three months or whatever it is. And GMail storing everything for ever: creepy. Webmail on your own server is nicer, using Squirrel Mail.

I use Eudora and gmail. I’ve used Eudora since I got on the Web and I love it.

Michael

I used Eudora for years… then added Apple Mail for redundancy.

When I tossed out the last Windows machine a year ago, I’m Apple Mail (that’s the name of the app) on all of my Macs.

I like the features of one-click adding Mail senders to Address Book (the app)… so when a nice guy from Europe e-mails me about my upcoming trip, I one-click add him to my address book.

I think you can also one-click add events to iCal (Apple’s webdav Calendar) but haven’t tried that. I did like the XBIZ webpage that had the clickable link on it to add last week’s show’s dates to Calendars. That was nice, VERY nice.

Eudora all the way! to the day i die !

it’s funny, back in the days of the dinosaurs and really slow dial up modems, the local telephone company bundled eudora with other applications like netscape.

so eudora was the very first email application, i used. i’ve tried others on occasion but i always come back to eudora. it just feels ‘comfy’

and i’m gald to see others using eudora. i am usually the odd man out… none of my friends have used eudora(let alone heard of it)… they’re all gmail and hotmail and bullshit stuff like that. :bang:

for adult I used Spam Arrest before but they totally fucking suck now. Extremely slow.

For everything else I use Gmail now.

gmail as my secondary, but outlook express now for the main. Used to use Thunderbird until it did something, can’t remember what now, that pissed me off. Oh I know, dropped the connection info all the time… weirdness. Don’t like webmail.

another vouch for thunderbird

Delighted to hear that people are still using Eudora. I’ve been using it since version 3 (1995, maybe?) and still love it, though I keep hearing great things about Thunderbird.

I haven’t tried Thunderbird for a while but I can’t believe that it has the features of Eudora or Pegasus Mail.

Lotus Notes…

NAH! Just kidding. Outlook 2007.

I hate e-mail. I hate e-mail. I hate e-mail.

I wish I could still use my carrier pigeons… !

I love email. There is so much crap everywhere online now flashing in your face and taking ages to load, that receiving something that is all plain text and pure content is very nice.

Obviously the main problem now is spam and many people aren’t on top of that, so it destroys email for them as a service and experience.

thunderbird and Gmail

:slight_smile:

If you use Windows the best is to use thunderbird imho. I hate webmails