What does it sell, contents or design?

This is a question for paysite owners but it’s extended to all people. Yesterday I was thinking about the relation between contents and layout.

Could two sites with the same contents (exactly the same sets/shoots/pictures) but two different layouts have a huge difference in their converting ratio?

Thank you.

Re: What does it sell, contents or design?

yes absolutely!!!

Yes, definitly.

But on the other hand, if the content is really good or rare / good niche I dont think it matters much what the site looks like.

If you have a twink site, or college guys etc… then yes one of the ways to show that you are different from the rest is with design and layout.

Have you got a site about “Trampling”, well there isnt any competition so people would probably be happy to signup anyway.

I’ve also got a theory that in some situations a very amateur looking site could attract more than one that is polished and smooth so to speak. Amateurish sites can sometimes give an impression that people really found something different, a site with a personal touch… something more hidden away.

[quote=InsaneSimon;11506]This is a question for paysite owners but it’s extended to all people. Yesterday I was thinking about the relation between contents and layout.

Could two sites with the same contents (exactly the same sets/shoots/pictures) but two different layouts have a huge difference in their converting ratio?

Thank you.[/quote]

Without a doubt, yes!

–Chubbs

please allow me to voice my “yes” aswell…

The design can make a ton of difference in how well a site sells or doesnt sell…

yes. i’ve worked with a bunch of sites with more than one tour and the exact same content, and usually one tour does a lot better than the other.

Yes and I agree with Gaydemon on the amateur design thing.

[QUOTE=gaydemon;11510]

I’ve also got a theory that in some situations a very amateur looking site could attract more than one that is polished and smooth so to speak. Amateurish sites can sometimes give an impression that people really found something different, a site with a personal touch… something more hidden away.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.
Years ago I had a gangbang tour with ARS in their BYOT program and my tour was so basic and cheap looking. Im embarassed now looking at it lol.
Another tour in the gangbang niche was absolutely beautiful and professionally done. I would see the rankings of how many sales the tour brought and my ugly crappy tour would almost always rank higher in sales than the beautiful expensive one.

My bestselling tour of all time had a black background and almost no design and a very basic logo. But the name was hot and the text and images were exactly what the niche customers wanted and I just shoved it right in their face. I made it feel like the surfers who craved that niche found utopia. I had big clear sample images and a few 5 second video clips featuring models who I knew the surfers would love. I made it very easy to find the “Join” links.

Couldnt be more basic but it was sizzling, I used to jack to my own tour lol. I often got 1:60 on that tour.
hope this helps