What does "Enable RSS Feeds" in NATS do?

I know this seems like a dumb question - but what does “Enable RSS Feeds” in NATS actually do? One would think it would enable the RSS feeds, but what RSS feeds? Right now I’m looking at Male Revenue - the check box is checked, but I can’t find any RSS feeds. So exactly what’s the point of having that in account preferences?

And another question - when would an affiliate want to disable RSS feeds? If you don’t want RSS feeds, just don’t use them. When would they need to be disabled?

Re: What does “Enable RSS Feeds” in NATS do?

Add Tools/Content/Hosted Videos/View as Dump

You will then see a URL at the bottom of the page. Enabling RSS feeds let you access that URL without needing to be logged in.

Hope that helps.

Kevin.

So is it an affiliate encoded link url that I would use to get an RSS feed onto one of my blogs? Or is the type of rss feed that you ad to a personal feed reader to keep up to date on things? not sure that made sense …

It’s similar in that you can set up the dump to contain the data you want and that link will provide you with exactly the same info you see in the dump and will update itself as new content is released. If your program can read it you can import it into your blog. Most import utilities rely on strict RSS formats and these are more dump files than RSS. Copy the URL into your browser and take a look… Do the same for another RSS feed you have that you know is a RSS feed and you will see the difference I’m talking about. So you may not be able to plug it directly into your RSS import program of your blog you may create your own script than can or find another that will allow you to :wink:

Kevin

ok thanks – going to go play with it in one of the sponsor programs :slight_smile:

ah ok, I signed into Male Revenue (since folk are talking about SketchySex and wanted to grab a feed url) and I see what you’re saying… it isn’t the RSS format WordPress uses for displaying the content as a post. And they don’t offer a regular rss feed :frowning:

I just looked - why does TMM call that RSS? It’s CSV. CSV has NOTHING to do with RSS.

But at least now I know what that checkbox does. God forbid it be properly labeled.