What do you want to see in affiliate promo emails

Hello Everyone,

We will be redesigning our affiliate tools to work with more APIs within our members areas. I would just like to know what do you want to see in the affiliate emails that we are not already providing?

Update:

Emails sent hours before its live in the members area, gives you a chance to promote before its live, members will see its releasing shortly.

We will be providing:
Link to download photo zips / galleries
MP4 video clips (now with embedded code in the email instead of just the file to download)
Link to blog post
Full description of scene
Model BIO info in scene w/ photo
Links to our Twitter pages

1. Should we continue to provide the link to the video file as well for tube sites to directly import?
  2. What could we do better to provide and make it easier for tube sites to add our videos quickly?
  3. Is there a demand for hosted video/photo pages, we have seen this decline with the many tube and blog sites.

I welcome all feedback, we are working to make it easier to grab our affiliate tools within NATS as well.

Thank you,
Chuck

Re: What do you want to see in affiliate promo emails

Hey Chuck,

I think you should continue with the link to the video file for tubes to download/import. I don’t think that can go.

It would be really great to have an RSS feed of video files with title/description as some tubes can just and publish them when they arrive.

One thing I really dislike is two promo videos per scene in your emails. There just needs to be one. Don’t break the scene up into 2 (MP4 1 and MP4 2). Why do you do this by the way?

[QUOTE=IntenseChuck;136269]Hello Everyone,

We will be redesigning our affiliate tools to work with more APIs within our members areas. I would just like to know what do you want to see in the affiliate emails that we are not already providing?

Update:

Emails sent hours before its live in the members area, gives you a chance to promote before its live, members will see its releasing shortly.

We will be providing:
Link to download photo zips / galleries
MP4 video clips (now with embedded code in the email instead of just the file to download)
Link to blog post
Full description of scene
Model BIO info in scene w/ photo
Links to our Twitter pages

1. Should we continue to provide the link to the video file as well for tube sites to directly import?
  2. What could we do better to provide and make it easier for tube sites to add our videos quickly?
  3. Is there a demand for hosted video/photo pages, we have seen this decline with the many tube and blog sites.

I welcome all feedback, we are working to make it easier to grab our affiliate tools within NATS as well.

Thank you,
Chuck[/QUOTE]

Chuck!

Hit me up!

[QUOTE=gaydemon_jr;136284]Hey Chuck,

I think you should continue with the link to the video file for tubes to download/import. I don’t think that can go.

It would be really great to have an RSS feed of video files with title/description as some tubes can just and publish them when they arrive.

One thing I really dislike is two promo videos per scene in your emails. There just needs to be one. Don’t break the scene up into 2 (MP4 1 and MP4 2). Why do you do this by the way?[/QUOTE]

Hello Anthony,

I like the idea of RSS feeds, we are all for it if others have the means to be able to import via RSS. It makes sense.
We do the 2 MP4 videos because of requests from tube sites to have more than 1 cut of our videos, we do see signups with 1 video and fewer for another version… So it helps for tracking which type of video cuts convert better on our end.

So you would prefer 1 video in the emails? If we integrate the RSS feeds this would help as well.

I am open to suggestions.

[QUOTE=Richard;136285]Chuck!

Hit me up![/QUOTE]

Hey Richard,

I will find ya tomorrow to discuss. Thanks!

I have such a hard time finding BSB embedded videos in your affiliate area at Intense Cash. I click around and around, so if you could actually put the embed code right in the email, that’d be helpful. Or make the videos easier to find in Intense Cash. I’ve just clicked around for a couple of minutes now, I have no idea where the BSB embedded videos are.

Every time I need to find the videos, I have to find the thread here where I bitched about it the last time.

Chuck,

Full descriptions would be nice. Most the newsletters contain a snippet that requires downloading a separate zip file for entire description.
First and Last names for models. It seems to be hit or miss from update to update whether they are included.
Large Image URL for Tube Sites
Video URL for Tube Sites.

Being very busy I tend to promote sponsors who include everything I need within the newsletter quicker. If I have to start hunting around for the data I need I usually put it aside and once every couple months or so will go in an pull a bunch of their content and just queue it for release over time.

Sincerely,
Kevin.

I have a bee in my bonnet about the quality of promo content at the moment. I want to post good quality pictures, not blurry screen shots. So many sponsors send out poor quality content, its quite frustrating and makes me think if they cant be bothered to put together a decent promo package why should i bother!. I always think would i click that blurry image? if not I bin the update as there are plenty of good quality updates that I will promote.

Ad Tools > Video Ad Tools

Choose a Campaign and Program you wish to use,

then click on Show It

and there you go…

Thanks Peter, that’s perfect. But do you see the problem?

AN EMBEDDED VIDEO IS NOT AN AD TOOL!!! (I know I broke my Grammar Workshop bit about excessive question marks.) A Flash banner is an Video Ad Tool, a video of the day player is an ad tool. An embedded video isn’t really an ad, it’s content.

[QUOTE=dzinerbear;136337]Thanks Peter, that’s perfect. But do you see the problem?

AN EMBEDDED VIDEO IS NOT AN AD TOOL!!! (I know I broke my Grammar Workshop bit about excessive question marks.) A Flash banner is an Video Ad Tool, a video of the day player is an ad tool. An embedded video isn’t really an ad, it’s content.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, if we are going to be splitting hairs, NATS refers to everything as an ad tool. In fact, the section where a sponsor loads in videos is called “Ad Tools Admin.”

Yup, NATS treats everything as being Ad Tools, so on most (if not all) NATS powered affiliate programs, all the videos will be under Ad Tools > Content > Downloadable / Embedded / Hosted Videos.

Now to be honest an embedded video is a promotional tool, as long as it’s short, watermarked and links to the sponsor via an affiliate tracking link I cannot see it as “content”. It’s a pure advertising tool that you use to sell a membership.

I would only see an embedded video as being “content” if it’s at least 10-15 minutes long.

1. zip for HD promo images. ( < 20 pix and must have penetration shorts. )
  2. embedded preview link. (< 2 min and mp4 or flv format)
  3. short scene summary. ( < 150 words) A long scene description from some sponsors always gets me headache.

my 2 cents.

[QUOTE=dzinerbear;136337]Thanks Peter, that’s perfect. But do you see the problem?

AN EMBEDDED VIDEO IS NOT AN AD TOOL!!! (I know I broke my Grammar Workshop bit about excessive question marks.) A Flash banner is an Video Ad Tool, a video of the day player is an ad tool. An embedded video isn’t really an ad, it’s content.[/QUOTE]

Okay Pitbull, if you’re in there pecking around and around, at least try pecking on something that doesn’t conform to the “norm.” In fear of being bitten, I will reluctantly say that I see embedded videos as Ad Tools, another form of content.

In our NATS, when you mouse over Ad Tools, you get a host of menus in the drop down, one of which is Flash/Videos/Zips. I would expect to find embedded videos under that link. You can easily sort by studio over on the right where it says “Site.” Since we have Straight and Gay sites, this really is a “must have” for the affiliates that aren’t interested in one or the other category.

While I agree whole heartedly on quality images and at the risk of losing my job when refusing to send out content updates with poor quality images, some of us sponsor reps have to deal with other producers and not our own productions. In these cases, the producer doesn’t want to accept my explanation when it comes to sending out poor quality images and insists that we aren’t doing our job by promoting their site. It’s a “catch 22” in some cases.

I hate putting my name on something that I personally don’t believe to be “up to par” but… not always given the choice if I want a paycheck. But I will say the boss is willing to listen :smiley:

Fine. Whatever you guys want to call it, the vast majority of your counter parts using NATS call embedded videos either “content” or “embedded videos.” And in fact, Doug, your program ZBuckz, calls them Flash/Videos/Zips. And Staxus files everything under “Content.” Amd Standahead calls them “Content and Tube Clips.” So If you want to split hairs with me, go ahead, but you’d better tell all the other sponsors what they should be calling it.

Point is: if it’s zipped packs of pictures or embedded videos, call them as such, don’t confuse me with something called Ad Tools.

Finally, lay off the Pitbull stuff, it was cute for a while, now it’s just getting tired. Thanks.

you know, those hd gifs of boys doing stuff, like a few seconds of a scene, or some sexy look. Those are kind of popular. if you threw a few of those in pre made that’d be nice.