What do you think about this quality?

Hello,
just looking for a quick input about the quality of the rendering. Today I played a bit with render settings and I found a pretty good compromise between size and quality.

This little clip is encoded with a resolution of 960x540 and a bitrate of 5mbit/sec.

Here the clip http://content.juicygayboys.com/hdv-960-5-test1.wmv

What do you think about quality?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Re: What do you think about this quality?

The URL is bad. The correct URL is:

http://content.juicygayboys.com/hdv-960-5-test1.wmv

HOWEVER, Flip4Mac is unable to open the file.

[QUOTE=rawTOP;23083]The URL is bad. The correct URL is:

http://content.juicygayboys.com/hdv-960-5-test1.wmv

HOWEVER, Flip4Mac is unable to open the file.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thank you. Could a moderator edit my link please? Thank you. :slight_smile:

About Flip4Mac, it’s pretty strange. I’ll try to test it. Give me 5 minutes.

It’s strange. I can’t open this file on my Mac but I can with Windows.

The video quality is great!

You might want to apply a video filter with contrast and/or overlay to make it pop just a bit.

The video size averages to about 320mb per 10 minutes is that still to big or about the range you were hoping for?

Ok, one friend of mine told me that usually he has troubles playing wmv on his mac.

I just tried it again and it worked… Not sure why it didn’t work the first time… :confused: However, QuickTime player crashed on me after I watched it a few times and then brought Firefox to the foreground. Not sure what’s up with that.

Anyway I looked at it… The quality of the rendering seems excellent to me. The things I found slightly distracting weren’t due to rendering - the background print on the wall was a bit dizzying when things were moving and the camera didn’t have perfect focus when it was zooming in and out. It also looked good when I blew it up to full screen… No pixelation or anything like that…

done

[quote=InsaneSimon;23084]Oh, thank you. Could a moderator edit my link please? Thank you. :slight_smile:

About Flip4Mac, it’s pretty strange. I’ll try to test it. Give me 5 minutes.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Squirt;23086]The video quality is great!

You might want to apply a video filter with contrast and/or overlay to make it pop just a bit.

The video size averages to about 320mb per 10 minutes is that still to big or about the range you were hoping for?[/QUOTE]

About the filters I was thinking the same few minutes ago. I’ll give a try in a while.

About the size, this is supposed to be the highest res. It means that I have other 3 smaller size versions before this one. The final file is about 35 minutes and 1.29GBs. It’s pretty huge, I know but it’s ok I think.

Thank you again. Very quick and helpful :wink:

[QUOTE=rawTOP;23088]I just tried it again and it worked… Not sure why it didn’t work the first time… :confused: However, QuickTime player crashed on me after I watched it a few times and then brought Firefox to the foreground. Not sure what’s up with that.

Anyway I looked at it… The quality of the rendering seems excellent to me. The things I found slightly distracting weren’t due to rendering - the background print on the wall was a bit dizzying when things were moving and the camera didn’t have perfect focus when it was zooming in and out. It also looked good when I blew it up to full screen… No pixelation or anything like that…[/QUOTE]

Oh, great to know that you worked it out. Don’t worry, we’ll provide .mov and .rm versions of the same movie in the member area :wink:

Great to know that you enjoyed the quality too. About the background print I should say that we didn’t shoot in a studio but in a flat. It wasn’t build for shooting purposes for sure so every movie has some “issues” like the one you mentioned before.

Wow Squirt, with a different contrast the shoot is double better! Great advice yours.

Quality looks great here too. I agree that a little bit of image cleanup would really make it pop :slight_smile:

very nice quality - comparable to some of the best i’ve seen in paysites.