What do you think about .info domain?

They’re cheap and for “massive” projects they’re really helpful in my opinion. I know that lots of people are afraid of exchanging hardlinks with .info blogs but once I know the webmaster and he’s active in the community I really haven’t any problem with them.

What’s your opinion about .info domains?

Re: What do you think about .info domain?

I dont use them.

My problem is that I got spammed (and still do) on gaydemon by some webmasters using only .info domains. So i immediately get suspious if i see a .info domain.

I dont think I’m the only one who associates .info with bad things.

.info domains are only worth using if you plan on having more search engine traffic then remembered/type in traffic.

Most “surfers” are not even aware that .info domains exist and are less likely to remember yoursite.info where as they would yoursite.com

I personally wouldn’t use anything other then a .com for an adult site.

[QUOTE=mrwilson;29791].Most “surfers” are not even aware that .info domains exist and are less likely to remember yoursite.info where as they would yoursite.comQUOTE]

Interesting…
Just yesterday I spent almost 30 minutes trying to locate a site visited a few days before. I thought that the URL was easy enough so didn’t bookmark it and felt foolish when discovering that my issue was that the site is a .net rather than a .com site.

I happens daily and to lots of people.
If its not a .com and its a site i like i add it to fav’s.
My fav list is miles long :smiley:

IMHO, .info domains are good to use for informational purposes if you own the .com version of the same domain. If you don’t, then don’t bother.

For SEO they are good, if that’s what you are looking for. I have .info blogs that do really well as I can actually get the damn keywords in the url.