what do you call the second join page or the third?

some sites have a single join page when you click join and fill out your info, but most sites have 2 - the page where you select what type of membership you want and perhaps input your email and create a login. it links to a second join page, often on a processor’s site but sometimes not. i hate calling them both “the join page” as they are separate pages and it makes it hard to describe which is which when talking about them.

and some sites have not 2 but 3 join pages. so what do you call them? join page, join page and join page? it makes discussing them a bit confusing :wink:

Re: what do you call the second join page or the third?

It is a pre-join page where you select the membership and enter only a few items like your email and country/zip. The join page is after with all the details usually on the processors site.

Jimmy

I would call the first one the “join page” and the second one the “billing page”.

I mean, when you shop you select what you want to buy based on price (step 1) then you proceed to the checkout where you actually pay giving your credit card.

I think that people are comfortable with that sequence as it is what happens to them nearly everyday of their lives and they are familiar with the sequence.

We call them sign-up and billing. Join sounds so final.

j2 …

i’ve been calling the second one the billing page. i guess i’m not alone :wink:

I would refer to that as being the join landing page. The one on the billing side is the join page.

its a 2 part or 3 part join! lets you collect the email address first!

If your not using the email address’s its a pointless extra step