what banners do you want a program to offer?

i’ve found a lot of programs don’t have the sizes of banners i use. what sizes of banners do you prefer to have available, and do you prefer animated or static?

Re: what banners do you want a program to offer?

I prefer animated, but I don’t think it’s a big deal if they aren’t. I saw something a little while ago about how guys have become immune to the flash of banners.
As for size, I usually end up resizing them anyway. I prefer to go for a standard of 700 or 800 width for horizontals.
My use is generally in post, so I guess my needs might not be the same as others who have ad placement positions built in.

Banner sizes are all over the board. Horizontal, vertical, static, animated, I don’t think there is a standard size that people go by now a day. It seemed like we had a “sort of standard” back in the day, but we’re always getting requests for odd sizes and not what we’re accustomed to making.

[QUOTE=conran;173292]I prefer animated, but I don’t think it’s a big deal if they aren’t. I saw something a little while ago about how guys have become immune to the flash of banners.
As for size, I usually end up resizing them anyway. I prefer to go for a standard of 700 or 800 width for horizontals.
My use is generally in post, so I guess my needs might not be the same as others who have ad placement positions built in.[/QUOTE]

thanks!

i’m not asking about standard sizes. i’m asking what individual webmasters are using.

I’m a sponsor’s worst nightmare when it comes to banner ad sizes. All my ads are responsive. What that means is I let the page render, and then figure out how much space is available for the banner. So I have no standard banner ad sizes. I need literally hundreds of different sizes. Though, just on a practical level, I do have it work so “close enough is good enough”, but still there are times when I can’t serve a banner because there’s nothing in my inventory of banners that matches size-wise. If you want to see all the different sizes I serve, I’ve got a page for that…

https://s3x.network/sponsors/banner-sizes

The page can be a bit slow to load if the data isn’t cached, so give it time. (It’s not a public-facing page, so that’s OK).

I’m more for the Static. Too many things jumping around on a page just stops a person from being able to single out the messages IMHO, the eye doesn’t know what to look at first type of thing. I occasionally use a .gif, but it will usually be the only one on the page. Sizes are quite varied, and I do tend to make my own banners.

I lean towards 728x90 static for the galleries I build. I can and do use some larger(up to about 950x100), but I want the focus to be on the content and not the banner. For my TGPs, I switched my layouts and use much the same on the newer ones.