Webshop - New to this, advice welcome :-)

Hi guys!

My name is Nelson and I work for Mister B (www.misterb.com) a Gay fetish leather, rubber & toys company based in the Netherlands.
We have 2 shops and also a webshop that we recently revamped a bit.
Now I am looking at possibilities to get traffic to my webshop and pay comission for every sale but, I’m also looking to place banners that convert and generate some extra cash this way. Since gay fetish is a bit of a niche market I find it hard to come across info online and since I see all you pro’s here some tips and help would be more than welcome :slight_smile:

So, any ideas on how I could start this up best? Tips for any affiliate networks?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

regards,
Nelson

Re: Webshop - New to this, advice welcome :slight_smile:

Hoi Nelson !

First of all, congrats for building such a strong brandname in The Netherlands.

To generate additional income, I would suggest to search for sites that match your niche first. A few I can think of are:

All of the above sites are run by reliable companies and have affiliate programs which you can join. You can of course place banners, but you could also add a blog to your webshop. A blog will probably generate more sales than a few banners.

In order to get additional traffic, you can either purchase traffic or open up an affiliate program. It’s easy to start a program with http://www.ccbilleu.com/ - since you are in Europe it’s not that expensive to start with CCBill. They take care of the tracking and payouts and it’s a payment processor that most affiliates trust. Verotel is a payment processor that has its office in Amsterdam, but I expect you would have a hard time to find affiliates who want to work with you through Verotel.

The new site looks very nice!

Do you mean you are looking for Fetish sites to advertise on MisterB?

If so, have a look here for some good options. I would go for the ones with a higher review score as they are often also more established and reliable:

http://www.gaydemon.com/reviews/fetish/
http://www.gaydemon.com/reviews/bondage_and_sm/

WOW Thanks guys for your quick replies!! I will dive into this next monday as I have to run now and I am not at the office tomorrow!! But thanks for the compliments on our site! I want to build something strong and your help is great! I’m sure i’ll end up with more questions haha but i’ll let you know.

And we are looking for banners for our shop but i am also gonna pay comission to the ones that generate traffic to our shop! pay-per-sale!
So many things for me to set up, but before I started this I wanted to have the website redesigned which now is the case!

Will be seeing you around guys! Speak next monday!

Regards,

nelson

Just one note since i really love leather and such and your site looks awesome
is it possible that you might put a exchange rate converter in yo show dollars or other currencies??

All tips and critics are welcome!
A rate converter is something we havent thought of yet but adding it to the list as we speak :slight_smile:

And thanks for the compliments!

I do agree, if you really want to get into the American market - the worlds largest consumer market - you will need to offer USD prices. I’m in the UK and still have trouble with understanding how much a Euro is in Pounds.

Most affiliates would also only be interested in promoting your store if you served the US and not just Europe.

Yeah! Our problem with the USA is the transportation costs when someone orders from our webshop…a product becomes very expensive for people across the Atlantic…they can then get similar stuff there and pay less.