Webmaster Sign Up Pages

Been looking around for some sponsors to add, and it really amazes me how little information they provide, or at leat the one’s I have been checking out.

Why do they not list the marketing tools they have inside their webmaster/affiliate areas?

For example, do they have RSS Feeds? FHG’s? Download Content? Hosted Videos? etc.

They make a big deal about the processor, about how much a guy can make, but tell you zip about what they provide to help you make the cash. :bang:

Re: Webmaster Sign Up Pages

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;51814]Been looking around for some sponsors to add, and it really amazes me how little information they provide, or at leat the one’s I have been checking out.

Why do they not list the marketing tools they have inside their webmaster/affiliate areas?

For example, do they have RSS Feeds? FHG’s? Download Content? Hosted Videos? etc.

They make a big deal about the processor, about how much a guy can make, but tell you zip about what they provide to help you make the cash. :bang:[/QUOTE]

It’s one of my biggest pet peeves in this industry. The second one being when no one contacts you with a url of where to find the content or well, just doesn’t contact you period. All of these things make a person wonder if you can trust them to pay out on time, or in some cases, pay out at all.

Perhaps I’m just naturally paranoid, but it’s the way I see things.

The main issue is that it takes time to update your affiliate site and most programs spend that time on other things like mailers and board whoring. Plus I think that most programs expect you to join to see what they have to offer…after all its free to join and its usually pretty easy.

We just did a major update of the inside of our webmaster area and have been plugging away at updating the outside too, to try to keep it current. We have always added links to our latest news items on our main page to try to help too, but now we also have current screenshots and such.

[quote=HunkMoneyLuke;51883]The main issue is that it takes time to update your affiliate site and most programs spend that time on other things like mailers and board whoring. Plus I think that most programs expect you to join to see what they have to offer…after all its free to join and its usually pretty easy.

We just did a major update of the inside of our webmaster area and have been plugging away at updating the outside too, to try to keep it current. We have always added links to our latest news items on our main page to try to help too, but now we also have current screenshots and such.[/quote]

Sorry Luke, but I find that really just a sop. If you have an affiliate program, listing the features is what will make people sign up and actually promote the program,not sign up and never do a blessed thing.

It’s a one off deal too, when one sets up the program, and if a sponsor is updating their tools, adding a few lines in the sign up page is not going to take that long to do, especially if its to announce new promo tools.

Besides, not everyone is as capable as you guys, in adding the tools, and updating, so it just seems more like they are doing it all, as an afterthought, which makes one wonder, is their member area the same?

Hunk Money has always been great about content, so you are certainly not in this category Luke. Your program tour shows off your sites, lists the content available for promotion and tells you what you can earn. THE 3 most important factors for any good affiliate program from my experience.

I’m with GSM on the fact that you have to wonder that if a sponsor doesn’t update for it’s affiliates, how bad are things for the members themselves? We all know that sites which don’t update regularly have horrible rebill ratios and what do affiliates want in the long run? Residual income.

By the way Luke, the inside of Hunk Money is looking great and everything is even easier to find now. Not that it never was easy to find, but this new setup is even better. Thanks for the hard work!

hehe…fair enough! Just coming up with a possible explanation, that’s all.

[QUOTE=RDude;51892]Hunk Money has always been great about content, so you are certainly not in this category Luke.

By the way Luke, the inside of Hunk Money is looking great and everything is even easier to find now. Not that it never was easy to find, but this new setup is even better. Thanks for the hard work![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I will pass this on to Ben, he did all the work on that update.

[quote=RDude;51892]Hunk Money has always been great about content, so you are certainly not in this category Luke. Your program tour shows off your sites, lists the content available for promotion and tells you what you can earn. THE 3 most important factors for any good affiliate program from my experience.

By the way Luke, the inside of Hunk Money is looking great and everything is even easier to find now. Not that it never was easy to find, but this new setup is even better. Thanks for the hard work![/quote]

Have to agree with you there, Hunk Money does update, does list its tools, and the new layout is nice. Takes some getting used to, but isn’t that bad at all, on the learning curve.

Speaking of which, funny how some spend the cash for the fancy programs like nats4 and yet don’t have most of the tools in place, which really makes things even harder. as there are NO instructions given.

I read through all your comments and I agree with a lot of what people are saying here. Just curious… what do people think of the BuddyProfits affiliate page/program?

http://www.gammae.com/buddyprofits/what_you_get.php

Rick Wood
[email protected]
ICQ# 419316049

[QUOTE=rickwood;51900]I read through all your comments and I agree with a lot of what people are saying here. Just curious… what do people think of the BuddyProfits affiliate page/program?

Rick Wood
[email protected]
ICQ# 419316049[/QUOTE]

It looks nice. I’ve been meaning to sign up with you guys. I’ll get on it soon. Especially since I see you’ve got some free hosting going on. Some TGPs or something to that affect could be a nice addition to my little empire.

You lay out what you offer as far as sites go, you tell us what we get for sales and you tell us what’s available for promotional material. All huge pluses.

My only suggestion - a blog and rss feed. Pretty popular these days. If you need any help with a theme and/or setting it all up send me a PM. In the interim, signing up is on my list of things to do. :cool:

[quote=rickwood;51900]I read through all your comments and I agree with a lot of what people are saying here. Just curious… what do people think of the BuddyProfits affiliate page/program?

Rick Wood
[email protected]
ICQ# 419316049[/quote]

In all honesty, while its a nice layout, its also tedious.

Everyone, I think, is on a time schedule and we (affiliates) are looking for quick answers to basic questions, when searching for new sponsors to promote.

Sure, some will sign up and find out what is or isn’t available, some will sign up because they liked the site itself, but many are looking for ways to eek out a buck or two more from their sites.

We need to know, without frills, if you have certain tools such as:

embedded videos
hosted galleries (video & pics)
rss feeds
site descriptions, update descriptions, text ads, etc.
hosted videos (flv, wmv, etc.)
payment options (epass, check, wire, etc.)
processor (ccbill epoch etc.)
cascade billing
leak free tours
deep linking to pages
download content
email update notices with links
campaign setting options for tracking
banners (zip or not)
csv dumps for hosted stuff
no hidden cross sells
update frequency
sites
tracking options

It really is a no brainer, or so it seems to me, yet so many fail to even think of telling us (affiliates) anything more than we’ll make 60% or $35 per sign up. We need more info, before spending time to set things in motion on our end.

Randy Blue & Hunks Money for example, send out mailings with update news, included is links to the download files, the code for linking, embed code (RB) and preview of pics in download (hunk money)

It is those attention to details, that make our life easier. Also makes it easier for the sponsor, as it generates more serious webmasters, who will actively promote a site, without the need to search for the tools, or find them by chance.