warning - latest XP home update!

my partner ran the latest XP update for XP home, which says it fixes a security issue, and it sure did - he can’t get online. he’ll be doing a system restore.

not sure if this update is for all XP or just XP home, but i’ll be waiting on it for a while till they get it right, and if you have a problem with it, you’re not the only one. it’s like microsoft is mad at us for not adopting vista rofl

Re: warning - latest XP home update!

What a nightmare this is all turning into. I can’t even install the latest AVG because I haven’t upgraded my service pack.

i going mac next time i am sick as fuck of windows now my fucking wmp doesnt fucking play avi’s all of a sudden lol wtf grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mine stopped playing them some time ago … I try to open an .avi, it says “Acquiring codec” … then … “Codec Acquired” … then a black screen, no pic, but sound is fine !

exactly what is happening to me, but only consumer avis, dv avi dumped from premire or my cam play fine, i dont get it, it just started the other day after my cable went out, and now it does the aquire codec, and says i have it then it plays the sound and the screen is just the funky grafix crap.

I’ve been thinking of getting a mac

I love my Mac. There are a few things I like better on Windows, but all in all I think I’d slit my wrists if I had to deal with it’s issues all day long…

Have you tried Media Player Classic instead of Windows Media Player?

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Media_Player_Classic

I had no problems with the same update.
the

[QUOTE=tmt-Walter;13971]I had no problems with the same update.
the[/QUOTE]

me too. no problems at all. at least so far whistle

I installed XP service pack update on two PC’s. So far everything works fabulously.