Warning! Bad Sponsors (dual processors, no rebills etc)

As I mentioned in another thread, been going through Verotel Sponsors today, and CCBill yesterday. Unfortunatley found several sponsors that there are issues with. I wanted to let others know so you don’t waste your own traffic on these sites:

British Discipline - dual processors, Verotel and CCBill.

Guys Divine - dual processors, Verotel and CCBill + major traffic leaks to PPV.

TurkGays - very very odd stats, no sales but lots of traffic

TieGuyUK - dual processors, Verotel and Epoch.

ThugFetish - no credit for rebills (ccbill)

GoldenBoysUSA - no credit for rebills (ccbill)

BritBlokes - no credit for rebills (ccbill)

UOMO TV - no credit for rebills (ccbill)

These are not so bad but you wont get any sales:

BigDickSearch - sites down for several months

Hotgaycouple - faulty join link

Can’t express enough how angry I get each time I find people who fuck around with Affiliates. Affiliates and Sponsors depend on each other and help each other grow, it’s so important that we deal with each other in fair and honest way. These guys obviously are neither honest nor fair. :grrr:

(Funny note about GuysDivine, they replied saying that they did not see the need to let any affilaites know as they had ONLY been playing around with traffic for 3 months… )

Re: Warning! Bad Sponsors (dual processors, no rebills etc)

Question: Are all sites with dual processors bad? I see a lot with different processors that I am an affiliate of. I always wondered how I’d get commission if they chose the processor that my account isn’t registered with.

No, not at all. Many sites do it correcly by using CCBill, Epoch or NATS for cascading… I think thats what its called at least. Bascially it is possible to get credit for all sales but it has to be setup. These sites have not bothered with that.

The majority of all sites I work with are great and give credit when due.

Thanks Bjorn. I disabled a couple of those.

Isn’t hotgaycouple run by Lee from MiamiBoyz? I’ll PM him so he can address that.

This list is useful :slight_smile:

Would be nice if there was a list somewhere people could add to and was up all the time… will certainly make it more transparent for affiliates to know who to avoid and make it less likely sponsors play games.

Wow, I didn’t know BritBlokes was like that. I’ve made a few sales with them and usually I get at least one month of rebilling from a couple of sales. Haven’t seen any from them. Now I know why. Thanks for the heads up!

As some people have indicated, there is no limit to what they will do to make a buck regardless of how unethical or immoral it may be.

[QUOTE=Seth;58518]Thanks Bjorn. I disabled a couple of those.

Isn’t hotgaycouple run by Lee from MiamiBoyz? I’ll PM him so he can address that.[/QUOTE]

I thought so too… but not been able to get a reply from him. Its a good site, too bad that it isn’t up and working.

Sorry about that! There were 2 bad join links that we overlooked when we redid the tour. :bang:
I have corrected those. Also the email address was outdated and not changed (hence the no response from that addy).

For those surfers who took the whole 4 page tour (as I would assume most would prior to joining) that join link has always worked…guess that is why we overlooked the others.

Thanks for the heads up on that with this thread!

Have a great New Year!

quick one, what do you think about twitter / facebook / myspace links on tours?- ive seen a few programs doing this, and i think its…a total waste and just a stupid traffic leak, like we already loose enough sales to Social Networking

Any sponsor who links to Social Networks should have 2 tours - 1 for affiliates and 1 for their other traffic sources. Simple as that in my opinion.

Very sensible suggestion and what I always ask for when I see traffic leaks. It’s not that hard to setup.

BrentEverett.com - affilite program with ccbill, but on join-page users who want to join with visa card have to join thru Verotel, so you won´t get commission from those. There seems to be a problem with Canadian sites and Visa, that´s at least what they told me when I contacted them. However he could at least build a seperate tour for affiliate traffic so those users can just join thru ccbill…

Some sponsors just see affiliates as a traffic source I guess and aren’t willing to give credit where it’s due. If affiliates were to stop promoting these types of sponsors, the smarter ones might change their methods. Unless the sponsor is a marketing expert, replacing affiliate traffic is usually pretty tough from what I hear. Again, just what I’ve heard. Therefore, it’s up to affiliates to just stop promoting sponsors who don’t pay rebills or who use dual processing in a context where the affiliate may not get credit if the surfer chooses Verotel over CCBill - when it was a CCBill affiliate ID that got the surfer to the site in the first place. Or vice versa. Just like it would be with BrentEverett.com.

As far as issues between Canada and VISA cards - I have a VISA card, I’m Canadian, I use it all the time for offline and online shopping. I’ve personally had no problems.

I think what the guys from BrentEverett.com told me was that ccbill can´t process visa card for Canadian websites.

I might be wrong with this, but from what I’m hearing, someone hasn’t paid the $750 “high risk” fee to CCBill (for North American companies - CCBill EU doesn’t charge the fee), and perhaps that might be why Canadians can’t charge with their VISA cards through CCBill. Then again, if they haven’t paid that fee, NO ONE can use their VISA card. No matter where they’re located. Again, I might be wrong, but through talking with CCBill for the last 7 months while I research the possibility of starting my own paysite, they tell me all should be fine as far as people using VISA to sign up for memberships. That includes Canadians.

As for a Canadian website, I don’t see how having a Canadian host can affect someone’s ability to pay with a VISA card. That’s odd. I use hosts based in the US myself, so I don’t know the ins and outs of Canadian web hosts.