want a mini workshop on setting up wordpress?

while a lot of people have hosting that includes 1-click wordpress installation, it occurs to me that this leaves webmasters at a disadvantage when it comes to doing upgrades - and not all hosts do those, or do them in a timely fashion.

that leaves me with 2 questions -

does anyone want to take part?

and will anyone here help us when we have questions?

i’ve done wordpress installs twice, but don’t have a feel for it, and i’ve never done an upgrade, so this would be interesting for me :slight_smile:

Re: want a mini workshop on setting up wordpress?

I’m sorta in the same position… I’ve done initial installs of WordPress before, but I’m a bit leery of upgrades… I just fired the guy who was doing a lot of that for me, so I could definitely use some place to discuss upgrade issues with the upgrade that’s about to come out…

I’ll help out where possible.

Basically it is pretty automated these days. See this thread in Blogging

Despite all the geek talk from WP, the install/upgrade is really a 5 part process that isn’t all that hard. Even a dumb blond like me managed to figure it out, though it scares the beejeesus out of me each time, but I have calmed the gay nerves, and use the Plug In instead.

What becomes a real headache is the ‘changes’ you may make to themes, if they depreciate the code used as they did from 2.2.2 to 2.3.

i would love this …

I don’t need a workshop, I just hire Bec to do it. :slight_smile:

Michael

true - bec IS handy :wink:

btw, just put the workshop up here http://www.gaydemon.biz/showthread.php?t=2769

so fellow-webmasters, please post and let us know if you’re going to do the installation, need help or can answer our silly questions.