VPS accts, whatcha know?

Anyone here have any experience, details, on VPS type hosting?

I am curious to find out the in’s and out’s of it, as it is supposed to be similar to having your own box, but not. If that makes sense.

Like what about the server ram, and use of resources? Is it good for use with multiple sites using blogs only, html only? or is it just plain crap?

Any experts out there?: Luke?

Re: VPS accts, whatcha know?

I have VPS but no paysites ect on it works great :slight_smile:

www.adulthostsolutions.com rene is the guy :slight_smile: hosted in texas killer DC

I have 2 VPS I am running 35 sites on one and 20 on the other. I have had one of them for 2 years with no problems at all. It is running 1024 MB Ram with Burst to 4096 MB, 120 GB Space, 2000 GB Transfer, 12 IP Addresses
I have been thinking Dedi, but really don’t need it as I do not have any paysites.

You can fit alot of sites on a VPS. It’s a great way to consolidate your sites all into 1 hosting plan. I ran several paysites at the same time on VPS with no problems

One of the things you need to watch for is root access, you may need it to install some scripts. Some VPS plans do not grant root access.

Another issue can be spam, if your sharing the box with a bulk e-mailer(even a legit one); you can have trouble with your own mail getting thru.