Video on my Wordpress blog

I’ve been long having problems getting my trailers on my blog entries.
I could upload them and that would probably work, but they’re all already on my server.
I’d like to be able to point to my server instead of uploading a second copy. Wordpress has a line to include the video URL, but when I do that, all I get is a link showing up.
I was working with Wordtube today and it was working pretty good, but then the video showed up with no audio and stalled 7 seconds in.

So here’s my question:

How do you get videos easily and functionally in Wordpress? What do you use? What works?

or

I there someone trusted I can hire to help me with my bog? There are a few other things I’d like to do, so having someone I can consult would be a big help. Any recommendations?

My blog is at www.FantasticForeskin.com/blog

Thanks for your help!

Re: Video on my Wordpress blog

Do you have a video player plugin? I am using the JW Player, and when I upload a video, I simply go to add media, insert from url, and follow the instructions for it to use the JW Player, it works fine, but you need the URL of the video, insure that it can be accessed from your blog, and the JW Player installed on your blog.

hth

I use one called FLV Embed.
It’s lite and easy to use.

I use FV Wordpress Flowplayer plugin. It supports HTML5 so your videos can play on mobile devices as well. With this plugin you can embed the videos that are already uploaded to your server by inserting a shortcode inside your posts (be sure to insert it as HTML, not as plain text). It goes something like this:

[fvplayer src=‘http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/videos/videofilename.mp4’ splash=http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/videos/videofilename.jpg splashend=show width=550 height=309]

Obviously, you can play with and adjust the width and height as you wish. “videofilename.mp4” and “videofilename.jpg” are intentionally the same for simplicity reasons, but they don’t have to be the same. I usually put all my video files and screenshots (splash screens) in the “videos” folder inside wp-content, but you can choose any other folder.

FLV Embed is very good and stable, too, but it relies on flash and doesn’t support HTML5. I used it for years without any problems whatsoever. Its shortcode is a bit different but the usage is similar. Read its manual.

I’m using Flowplayer as well. Very easy to work with and it works with all browsers and mobile devices