Verotel Stats Now Even Worse Than Before?

Has anyone noticed that Verotel “upgraded” their affiliate stats and now show graphs, BUT they’ve taken out the really useful reports that 1) allowed you to get stats for an ad hoc time period, and 2) show a break down of your Verotel sponsors for that time period. In other words, it’ now impossible to find out all on one page what programs have sold since the first of the month - you have to go sponsor by sponsor and only look at predefined weekly time periods.

Their reporting was bad enough - it amazes me that they managed to make them even worse.

Does anyone know how to get at the old reports?

Screen shot 2010-02-14 at 9.17.22 AM.jpg

Screen shot 2010-02-14 at 9.17.35 AM.jpg

Re: Verotel Stats Now Even Worse Than Before?

I just checked. Looks like nothing has changed on the Merchant side. I can still specify a date range.
If you have no success here you should drop a mail to Verotel. They have been really helpful lately with taking up suggestions for improvement.

I just received the following email from Verotel. I kinda thought the past day was quiet for sales.

“February 16, 2010 - Veroweb Services recently experienced some downtime for hardware changes. We are back online along with all of our free services. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused any members and their websites. If you have any questions feel free to email us”

I noticed there is a different type of signup page on some verotel sites. Looks much better and simple than the old one. At least that’s an improvment. I’ve not dared to look at stats yet. I really can’t handle it if they removed even more functions, it was hard enough as it was before.

Still think your program would do even better on CCbill (NOT WMS!) or Epoch. But your still doing very well compared to a lot of others even if your on verotel.

Until CCBill is prepared to offer Visa card on an account based in Australia I won’t be moving. I tried them 8 years ago, and again last year. Their rules about countries and offering Visa card have not changed.

Oh the new Verotel sign up page looks great! They also added the feature where members could select their own passcodes recently. This has been very well received by the members. I get less requests for forgotten passcodes now.

That’s a real shame on CCBill’s part. I would love to promote you, but my issues with Verotel are too large to even try.

CCBill won’t allow an Australian site to use VISA for memberships? What’s the deal with that?

[QUOTE=RDude;62657]That’s a real shame on CCBill’s part. I would love to promote you, but my issues with Verotel are too large to even try.

CCBill won’t allow an Australian site to use VISA for memberships? What’s the deal with that?[/QUOTE]

It’s not that CCBill won’t allow, but Visa requires the principal account owner to be physically located in the Visa region in which the the processor is providing services - i.e. their bank.
With CCBill, clients located in EU, Canada and the US can all choose to accept Visa. But at this point, CCBill does not have a presence in Australia (or in Visa’s Asia/Pacific region).

And it is only for Visa - all other payment types are available to clients in Australia. But Visa is a big chunk of the market.

Thanks for clarifying that Gary. I’m still hoping that some day this will change and the Asia/Pacific region will be included.

In the meantime I will continue to work with Verotel and help them improve their service.

[QUOTE=BentleyRace;62683]Thanks for clarifying that Gary. I’m still hoping that some day this will change and the Asia/Pacific region will be included.

In the meantime I will continue to work with Verotel and help them improve their service.[/QUOTE]

Can’t blame you there, had no idea! Without VISA you would lose out on a lot of signups.

Is there maybe anyone at Verotel we can speak to or explain what’s wrong with the stats, who will actually listen? It’s a major negative not to offer detailed stats of some kind to affiliates, how else can we know if a site is worth promoting or not.

We need a way of looking up per sponsor, a custom time period and get stats for that specified time. The stats needs to include Hits (raw and/or unique), Signups and Rebills. Those are the minimum requirements.

Oh and that they sort their sponsor drop down list by A to Z. Each of their forms are random and all sorted differently making it difficult to find the sponsor you’re looking for.

Some great suggestions Bjorn.

If Verotel was willing to make these changes, I would certainly sign up with sponsors who use them as a processor. Even if just the basics like Bjorn mentioned were available.

I only have one good sponsor making me significant Verotel money (Str8cams.com), which is now using CCBill for new signups. Boys Smoking also does well when I actively promote it. So, I am reluctant to add any new sponsor sites using Verotel exclusively.

Thanks for the comments Bjorn. I sent them onto Robbert over at Verotel who helped me out with some technical issues recently. I’ll keep you all updated with any response.

I’ve received the following feedback from Verotel after sending across Bjorn’s suggestions for improving the affiliate area. I’m not sure if the links in this message below will appear well. But I will be sending a mail out to my affiliates with some directions in addition to this post.

Thank you for your email.

We were experiencing some issues with our reseller stats, therefore the “Transaction History” option was temporarily disabled. However, this option is up and running again, so your affiliates should be able to find all their signups and rebills again. I will forward the other suggestions to our Development Department. We are actually working on a new affiliate program, but I am not sure when this is going to be implemented.

Something that might be interesting for your affiliates, is that it is now possible to select a landing page.

When affiliates send traffic to your site, they are using the following URL:

http://links.verotel.com/cgi-bin/showsite.verotel?vercode=<bannernr>:<customeridreseller>

This URL contains YOUR banner number and the AFFILIATES resellerID. The traffic will be send to your homepage if they click on the link above.
If your resellers want to send potential clients to another landing page, then they can add this page in the reseller URL by adding the following syntax: &URL=http://<landingpage>

The new reseller URL will be as following:

http://links.verotel.com/cgi-bin/showsite.verotel?vercode=<bannernr>:<customeridreseller>&URL=http://<landingpage>

Example:

http://links.verotel.com/cgi-bin/showsite.verotel?vercode=33xxx:980400000041xxxx&URL=http://www.bentleyrace.com/latestupdates.htm

If you have any further questions, then please let me know!

thanks, ben.

so the verotel stats are the same old awful stats rather than being even worse. i guess that’s something. they really are the worst stats of any processor i’ve used as an affiliate.

I didn’t know that some people still were using Verotel.