Upselling in the member area

Re: Upselling in the member area

Yes. We tested with and without the banner and found no change in the rebill rate. Additionally, they are a biggest and top performing affiliate.

Interesting…

I think that Basschick gave us the answer way back on the first page of this thread. Upselling is ok, it’s not a revenue cash cow, but it does bring in some extra cash. Just make sure the site/content/link is to a non-competitive product. Our average retention rate is over eight months. We offer “suggestions” to our members for other sites that might be of interest, but these are located on a resource page, seperate from our main members area.

What kind of return would you expect if you promote other paysites in your member’s area? Honestly, unless you have a massive member base, the dollars you earn are going to be minimal. More eyes would see your banners if you made a couple of freesites or AVS sites instead. I just don’t see the point of pushing your members to another paysite… seems illogical to me. Sell 'em a Fleshlight or dildo instead.

We do it because it brings in as much income for us as 100 new members provided by an affiliate. Playgirl sells even more memberships for us than we sell for them.

Both have folks with credit cards that are willing to pay for solo video and are interested in photos as well. Our sites compliment each other. So it is not so much about ‘how many eyes’ see the banners but rather how qualified those eyes are. Would a hardcore fisting site work? Probably not. The fraction of fans of that niche would be too small to bring enough income to make sense.

Surfers are going want to try different things. Especially since they have now been trained to download entire libraries, quit and come back later for more. I have great respect for the folks at Playgirl, but if I believed that members would go there and never come back I would not send them there. However, our content is strong and very popular with folks that have seen it and are interested in solo material. That being said, making money off their migration seems pretty smart to me. In a preview area? Not a chance.