Turning Off Wordpress Update Notifications

Once again my email box is flooded with notices about all my blogs being updated to the latest Wordpress version. I thought you had to turn the email notification on to get these and I never recall doing this. Does anyone know how to turn it off?

Re: Turning Off Wordpress Update Notifications

I am not sure BUT personally I like that I get those notifications. I have SO MANY WP blogs and unfortunately I did not check the automatic updates for all of them so getting those notices lets me know to get over to my other blogs and manually update them.

I am sure that there must be a way of doing what you seek however.

I suspect these must have been turned on automatically in the previous WP version, because I am getting dozens of emails each day too, but I have never received this sort of email before, so I am assuming it must be something that got turned on in the version I am currently running.

I would like to know how to turn it off too, as it is very annoying.

Here is the info/plugin you’ll need to turn off various updates and related notifications. Personally, I don’t see that it’s such a big deal to take 30 seconds to check-mark the notices after you have read the first one, and then delete in bulk. Getting hacked and cleaning up that mess is going to take a hell of a lot longer than the email deletions. Just my 2cents.

Personally I prefer to get those notices. It does help remind me of blogs I have forgotten about and haven’t updated. By the way, anyone notice wordpress 4.2.1 is now out?

I am happy to get an email notification that a new version is available, I just don’t want every blog I own to email me 6 times a day for weeks at a time, which is what seems to be happening now.

Just a thought … create an email addy just for your blogs, and change it under Users. That way update notices go to it and once or twice a week you can just go in, have a look at a few and then toggle all and delete. Just remember to uncheck the handful you might want to keep.

Yeah, it went from 4.2 to 4.2.1 in like a day or two. Here’s why:

WordPress 4.2.1 is now available. This is a critical security release for all previous versions and we strongly encourage you to update your sites immediately. A few hours ago, the WordPress team was made aware of a cross-site scripting vulnerability, which could enable commenters to compromise a site.

Saw that, and noticed they are also saying that plugins and themes will be rushing out fixes too, given the seriousness of the vulnerability across all levels. It isn’t new, but I gather many well known plugins are vulnerable. So we can expect a lot more update notices, and if the notices are turned off, well, could lead to a lot more blogs getting hacked.