the font conference :D

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1823766

i bet you didn’t even know fonts HAD conferences. hysterical LOL

Re: the font conference :smiley:

My family heritage is from around Aachen, Germany.

Aachen Bold was always one of my favorites, even before I knew my history.

<a href="http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/mondosearchresults.htm?st=12&kid=Aachen%20Bold">FONTS</a>

I am more of a Helvetica man my self.
We just saw a great documentary on Helvetica just last month.

you saw a documentary about helvetica?

[quote=AnthonyDeAngelo;16200]I am more of a Helvetica man my self.
We just saw a great documentary on Helvetica just last month.[/quote]

It sounds really geeky – like something only a hardcore graphic designer could love – but I saw a trailer for it a couple months ago and it actually looks like a fascinating film about the history and development of fonts.

www.helveticafilm.com

And people make fun of me for spending an entire weekend learning to sew gators for cars…

I spent so much time with helvetica in design school back in the 70’s when you could not walk anywhere in NY without being beat about the head and shoulders with it…

Verdana beats any font any day!!

I can never get Verdana to look good.

I’m an Arial, Tahoma, and Times New Roman guy.

And did you know that ABBA put News Gothic Bold into the history books? That’s the font they used for their logo.

Michael

You can get it at Netflix. It is just called “Helvetica”

its actually a very kewl video - and covers the history of Helvetica and its impact on everything we see and touch today

as a creator of numerous custom fonts that are used and recognized, I found it interesting - especially some of the interviews with some colleagues and mentors of mine

“geeky” I’m not so sure about but, perhaps a little esoteric for most… but highly enlightening… ! - perhaps a little too “artistic” for some

you go helvetica - the font I’ve used in a gazillion projects of international scope and on tiny little projects such as our own little site - see use of customized Helvetica logotype below

bbm_logotype.jpg

We tend to forget in these days of the PC, fonts were originally forged out of metal for printing presses. These days we tend to think of fonts as only digital code not as actual objects.

Btw, I’m a huge fan of Tahoma and Verdana too, as mentioned above. But what about Trebuchet? I think it looks pretty nifty too.

*note - This post is in Trebuchet MS

God we’re geeks.