tags - your opinions, please

i’m editing tags for blogs and free sites. some of the writers use words like “cocks” and “buttocks” as well as hair color for posts that really don’t focus on them. imo tags should be things that specifically relate to the blog or free site in question. otherwise EVERY post would include cock,hair color, buttocks, etc.

imo it dilutes the searchability on a tag cloud if every site is listed under cock. i feel tags should be used to help you find something you’re looking for, so when i search i appreciate specific results.

comments and flaws in my logic are greatly appreciated :wink:

Re: tags - your opinions, please

Tags should be used to make surfers find what they are looking for. If you click on a tag and don’t find what you are looking for then it’s merely a SEO play. Best advise, design with the surfer in mind and SEO will follow.

Re: tags - your opinions, please

I was actually thinking about something along these lines just the other day. What do you think about developing a methodology for tagging? Meaning, each entry will have a minimum set of specific tags. For instance one that tells model type (twink, bear, etc), one that tells type of action (solo, bj, etc), one that tells ethnicity (black, interracial, white, latino), and so on and so on.

ISO really needs to set a standard.