Stats remote???

Michael and Bjorn have both mentioned the use of stats remote in other threads. After looking at Anthony’s post this morning I realized that I don’t really have a good long term solution to track traffic, sales, payments, and ratios aside from putting everything into a huge spreadsheet every month.

How many people use stats remote, and what can you say about it good or bad.

Will stats remote track traffic and referring URLs as well or is it only the same stuff I can already see on Verotel, Epoch, or CCBill stats page?

Currently I’m using Statcounter to keep track of my site’s traffic. If you’d like to jump in with pro and con of comparing the two or sugest something new altogether would be appreciated.

Re: Stats remote???

If you promote more than just a few sponsors, it’s worth every penny. I’ve used it for years. It’s purpose is not really to track your traffic, but rather your sales.

It does track raw and uniques as long as the sponsor provides that into but that’s as deep as it goes. It does however break down all your CCBill & Epoch stats by sponsor which is a nice feature.

With a recent update they did, you can now track your payments too. Although I haven’t fully used that feature yet as it’s a little quarky.

I am using StatsRemote and I can’t think of a life without it! It’s the most complete sales-tracker available and the customer support is excellent.

NiftyStats and UnifiedStats are free alternatives, but they do not support all sponsors and provide less stats.

I couldn’t imagine not having statsremote… highly recommended. Have you also looked at using google analytics? It’s a pretty useful tool when analysing traffic, search terms, etc.

[quote=Seth;56900]If you promote more than just a few sponsors, it’s worth every penny. I’ve used it for years. It’s purpose is not really to track your traffic, but rather your sales.

It does track raw and uniques as long as the sponsor provides that into but that’s as deep as it goes. It does however break down all your CCBill & Epoch stats by sponsor which is a nice feature.

With a recent update they did, you can now track your payments too. Although I haven’t fully used that feature yet as it’s a little quarky.[/quote]

Seth is correct. It’s two different things. StatsRemote tracks sales you made as an affiliate. Statcounter counts traffic / visitors to your site.

If you’re looking for stats or tracking your visitors I would recommend you try analytics. It’s as good as it gets.

If you need to track sales you made (not on your own site) use Statremote, however it does cost money so make sure its worth it for you.

Nifty Stats is a free (ad-supported) alternative, thats what i use.

Stats remote is something I couldn’t do without, saves a huge amount of time…a lot of very useful information in one place, so provides a very good overview.