sponsor content problems

i’ve been noticing some sponsors are sending their promo content with a 1, 2 or 5 pixel border around each pic. this adds an extra step to each pic i want to work with - cropping off the freaking border.

another one is when they send 3 pics that are very yellow, 3 that are pinkish and 3 that are red. gimme a break - why not choose pics that go together without us having to color correct them. or even better, shoot raw and fix the pics in your raw editor if your camera is having white balance problems.

i also hate when the watermark is placed over something important - say someone’s cock or asshole. sadly this is sometimes also the case in the member area of some sites.

some of these issues are simple to fix, although annoying. but some of the color correcting takes forever, and honestly sometimes it’s just easier to use another program’s content instead. and don’t forget that some affiliates have traffic but no real graphics skills. you’d think that sponsors would want to make it easier for us to promote them…

Re: sponsor content problems

I hate it when sponsors don’t take care to name their photos properly.

I like to present the images in succession from clothed to full nude to cumshot. But many sponsors will name their pics 1.jpg, 2.jpg … 10.jpg … so you have to go through and rename all the single digit photos 01.jpg, 02.jpg etc to keep the succession.

It’s just a little thing, but it sure adds time when you’re working on dozens of freesites.

Michael

Thanks Michael… I just got my graphics people to start to do the 01.jpg, 02.jpg thing.

Didn’t realize we weren’t doing that.

I think the thing I get most annoyed at is when EVERY SINGLE promotional set of 10 or 12 images are named exactly the same … 1.jpg, 2.jpg …10.jpg

This means, like Michael, I not only have to renumber them as 2 digit numbers so they are in sequence, but I also have to add a name of some sort eg mike01.jpg, mike02.jpg etc so that when I save them to my hard drive I don’t get the problem of duplicate file names …

It all takes extra time, especially if the content is only provided as tgp’s and I have to download each image in a set, then rename and renumber them all before I can download the next set … what a waste of time when it could have been done so easily at the sponsor end 1st time round.

I think the other thing that’s a bother is when the content comes in both portrait and landscape. Mixed media like that makes batch processing a pain.

Cheers
Michael