spam filter recommendations, please

well, i’m getting over 2400 spam emails per day. my host hooked me up with a solution, but it doesn’t offer a whitelist or search, so since it’s still “learning” me, i still have to go through all the emails to make sure someone i want to hear from hasn’t been put in the spam box. it also doesn’t offer the ability to add a word or phrase or language to go directly to the spam or trash box.

so… anyone got any recommendations? i really only need it for one domain, and i’m going out of my mind!

Re: spam filter recommendations, please

spamassassin or bogofilter in your server or in your client. After a week of learning it will delete the 90% of the spam

but do they have whitelists? the one i have is now deleting most of my spam, but i want to add the people i know to a whitelist so i can be sure they aren’t being deleted.

sure, they have whitelists. You have to configure it. Just check the manual, it isn’t hard to do.
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=whitelist&titlesearch=Titles

I just noticed that bogofilter is just for unix based OS but it have the whitelist option too

I was getting that too, and re configured my spamassassin to a higher level of filtering, from the standard 5 to 8 I think, then added names to the whitelist manually. It is a pain, the spam, and seems to be taking more effort to control, never mind eliminate.

imagine my surprise… i’m using spamassasin. so far, it’s letting over 1500 spam emails per day get through, so i guess i’ll spend some time with the manual.

thanks!

[quote=basschick;11966]imagine my surprise… i’m using spamassasin. so far, it’s letting over 1500 spam emails per day get through, so i guess i’ll spend some time with the manual.

thanks![/quote]

It takes a bit of work, but you can add selected words or phrases as filter rules as well, I think, to spamassasin. Plus changing the strength of filtering really does cut a lot out. I still get some, but basically I went from a ton to just a few pounds worth almost in minutes. Least it seemed that way, after spending hours configuring it, sort of. whistle:bang: