So how long do you keep your blog posts?

Deep links to posts and the best time to prune and clean-up your database.

Re: So how long do you keep your blog posts?

I don’t delete any posts, and if the sponsor goes under, or something else, i redirect to a html page, that offers other similar choices, but I won’t can the post. Call me a pack rat, but I don’t see any advantage to removing a post, simply for some insane need to be tidy.

Well I am the same way but, the search engines are sure doing a number on my server loads these days. Just wondering what others do.

Ditto. I used to delete when a sponsor site went under. Now I redirect to a page with my top performing sponsor sites hoping to salvage the sale.

All my posts stay forever. I never delete any.

If a sponsor goes tits up, I redirect those surfers to my home page (probably not the best option, but better than sending them to the sponsor that doesn’t exist anymore).

I keep my posts forever as well.

Dave

i’m still making sales from 10 year old galleries, and i can’t see why that would be any different with blog posts.

I have to agree with “keep 'em - don’t delete 'em” … perhaps there is another way to improve the time it takes the spiders to crawl your blog. I’ve got the robots.txt concept in mind, but no clue how to rig it to exclude older posts.